Question about "The Pill"

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by FreakinSyco, Apr 6, 2005.

1. FreakinSyco

FreakinSyco OT Supporter

My G/F of 2 years just got the on the pill. Ortho Tri-Cyclen to be exact. Shes been taking the pill 3 days (got off her period 3 days ago). Shes taking the white pills (if that matters).

How long before this stuff is fully effective? How safe is it? In my mind it just feels weird to think of going all the way without a condom. Someone give me a rundown of the basics.

2. Ghostaz0r

Ghostaz0r With my ego, I can stand there in a Speedo, and be

They tell you to wait 2 weeks...it should be effective by then, but most people wait a full month just to be sure. Its VERY effective. That with a condom is almost inbeatable, but its amazing on its own. have fun :)

3. FreakinSyco

FreakinSyco OT Supporter

:wiggle: That makes me very very happy. I can't wait.

4. Showtime_III

Showtime_III OT Supporter

i've always heard a month

5. Made_Man

Made_Man Guest

I've heard it works the day you take it, but I don't see how - and that was from my g/f's OBGYN. She still said you're supposed to wait 2 weeks, which we did, and I recommend you do too. The white pills are just basically sugar pills IIRC, they are the ones that enable her to actually have her period. It is my understanding that in theory, a girl can go on and on without having a period if she never takes the white pills (obviously a bad thing). I would wait 2 weeks after you pass the white pills - you can’t be too safe. Getting her on the pill is an excellent idea, and you’ll both be happy you did. As far as side effects, she can gain weight, and more than likely will have mood swings. The worst, is her “appetite” for sex will diminish some, or possibly a lot. The girl I’m with used to want it more than me – we’d do it in the morning, on our lunch breaks, and at night. At least once or twice a day, but now she says she just doesn’t feel the same way about sex – she only wants it at night now, and sometimes we even skip a day, which was unheard of before. All in all, it was still a good move.

6. Ghostaz0r

Ghostaz0r With my ego, I can stand there in a Speedo, and be

lol not the day you take it...the one my girl was supposed to go on said 2 weeks then they have a period, then its in effect.

the least ive heard was 1 week.

7. GSRchick714

GSRchick714 Guest

I agree that the girl's sex drive will probably go down-the guys will just have to work harder at getting her turned on! But its not "un-safe" to skip the white pills every once in a while. If there's a vacay coming up or something she could skip them. Your period while you're on the pill is totally different than your natural period, so its not unhealthy. There is one type of birth control in which a girl doesn't get her period for 3 months..and with the shot, they never get it...so its not unhealthy-don't worry. But you're right, they are just sugar pills..bascailly a reminder for when its time to start taking the hormones again!

8. Muricane

Muricane Active Member

Just wait a month. :bigthumb:

9. PSUPef2K

PSUPef2K #Elite member

Just went through this situation recently. People are going to tell you 1 week. I'd wait a month for it to go thru a complete cycle. I was very nervous about going all the way without a condom also, but all is well and the pill is working. :wiggle:

I love her, and even if she were to get pregnant, all would be ok :) :love:

10. PSUPef2K

PSUPef2K #Elite member

great advice. Those mood swings were probably the hardest part. Just be supportive. Don't forget that she is doing it for your benefit as well. :)