MIL Question about the Navy's BDCP

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by FKY326, Jan 18, 2007.

1. FKY326

FKY326 New Member

i've read some about it online, and i know i should probably talk to a recruiter, but i figured if anyone knew about it on here i'd ask first.

from what i read they pay you the last 2 years of college and you work for them for 4 years. seems like a pretty good program to get into since i love traveling. how it works is that if you're persuing a major then u can sign with them and get money to help you (basicly the GI bill but paid over 2 years) then when u get out of college you go to OCS and then get assigned whereever you can.

i think it'd be an amazing oppertunity to see the world while being paid. but i can't find out any info about what majors they're looking for. i'm in logistics right now which i'd think would be something they are looking for and i've always wanted to be in the military so this may be my in.

anyways just looking for more info.

2. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

theres this gay little song we sing sometimes...check it out

"we joined the naaaavyyyyyyy to see the world......and whatd we see????? we saw the sea......." :coolugh:

3. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

:rofl:

4. FKY326

FKY326 New Member

ok...ok... so i'm a newb... but does anyone have any real info on the program or should i just go talk to the local recruiter?

5. FKY326

FKY326 New Member

great... i looked up the local officer recruiter in my area and i got a 1-800 number. guess i'll call on monday.