GUN Question about the Glock 30

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Drunken Karnie Midget, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Drunken Karnie Midget

Drunken Karnie Midget In Yeo We Trust, All Others Pay Cash OT Supporter

I recently purchased a .45acp Glock 30, and finally got the chance to get out on the range with it today. While i love the feel of the .45 out of this gun, its sights (stock) seem to be way off. At 10 meters, while aiming center mass, i would essentially be hitting a target in the right hip. Very low, and to the left.

At first i assumed it was just me, so i fired a mag through my wife's M9 just to be sure. After 16 bullseyes, and an on-the-paper miss off to the left, i know it wasn't me.

Has anyone else had this issue with their Glocks, and would aftermarket sights rectify the problem?

2. smartypants

smartypants New Member

What Shenaniguns said.
    Glocks are grip heavy, and not very forgiving.
    The G30 is especially like this.

3. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

qft

when i got my 1st glock my performance was awful compared to my other handguns. the trigger was completely different and i sucked balls at first. got used to it though and now love the performance of Glock

the G30 being a baby glock probably makes things a bit more difficult with the small grip and a trigger that's foreign to you in the beginning.

4. Drunken Karnie Midget

Alright, thanks guys. I guess i'll invest in more ammo, and get back out to the range. Gonna change the trigger (the stock ridged trigger feels like pulling on the dull edge of a knife blade,) as well as getting the 3.5lb pull from lonewolf distribution.

5. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

the 3.5lb trigger will help obviously. best cheap mod i've ever made that's for sure.

6. Drunken Karnie Midget

Pretty site, but all in all, there's far more there than i need, at a price that's simply prohibitive. Thanks for the suggestion though, and i'll continue to browse it if only to comparison shop. :wavey: