MMA Question about teh Staph

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by miek, Aug 14, 2007.

1. miek

miek New Member

So I'm pretty sure I got the staph infection goin on right now, on my shoulder and the back of my neck. I'm going to the walk-in tommorow to get it checked out, but I need to know how to handle this shit for right now... Should I stick a patch over it so it doesn't rub anywhere? Will that make it worse? Anything I should do it right now?

Any help is appreciated... thanks. :wtc:

2. miek

miek New Member

Anyone have any idea? Is this stuff going to spread on my blankets, etc. in my bed? :ugh::hs:

3. SCirone

SCirone Moderator

The bacteria can spread to your sheets and stuff. You will need to deep clean anything you wear/sleep on.

4. miek

miek New Member

What do you mean by 'deep clean'? When I see that, I'm just thinking of running it through the washer/dryer like 45 times.

5. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

take some ugly sheets you want to get rid of, sleep on those. what else can you do? if you have pure white sheets you can bleach the shit out of those afterwards. but you can't bleach most stuff.

6. miek

miek New Member

Alrighty... can I not just cover up the spot where it is though, like tape a piece of gauze over it?

And what about my shirt that I was wearing on the way home, can I just wash that a few times and everything be good? Or just I chuck it?

7. adrenalin112

adrenalin112 New Member

Ask the questions to your doctor? :dunno:

8. Optamix

Optamix New Member

Anything you touched while you had it needs to be super cleaned. Clothes, sheets, TOWELS(my GF forgot about this and caught it from me), washrags, etc.

Also if they are really hurting they need to be drained. If you can't reach it get someone you trust(and isn't grossed out easily) to sterilize a needs and pop them(go deeeeeep with the needle) and squeeze the goo out. Then get a washrag as hot as you can stand it with water and lay it on top to help the draining.

The Dr. will also drain it for you when you go in.

Good luck man, that stuff sucks. I never want it again.

9. miek

miek New Member

I did, I was just curious about how to deal with it before I see him the next morning.

But ya, I walked in there and talked to him a bit and showed him what was going on... turned out I just had a cut with sweat in it/REALLY irritated skin, and there actually was a pimple on the spot, so that's why I was worried since the irritated skin swelled a tad. Alls good though... I had bjj today actually, and subbed a couple people today :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: I'm only a couple months into this so I'm fucking pumped haha.

But ya, thanks for the help mah nigs. :cool:

10. roose

roose Guest

What are symptoms/signs of staph?