GUN Question about sending gun back to the factory...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by mrbill, Dec 26, 2005.

1. mrbill

mrbill New Member

while checking(read fondling) my guns, I noticed my Kel-Tec was having feeding/extracting problems. Not good because it is one of my home defense guns and will be a carry piece once I get my CCW. Looks like the extractor is broken. So, looks like I'm gonna have to send it to the factory for some repair work and having never done that, I have some questions. I know that for repair work I can mail it to them, but do I have to use the post office, or would UPS/Fed-Ex/etc be better? What level of assembly will it need to be in? Anything else I should know about?

2. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Handguns cannot be shipped USPS except by a FFL. Lookup fedex and ups policies, you need to ship according to them in case you need to make an insurance claim, most of them require 2nd day air or faster I think.

What model? Maybe its easier to just get keltec to send you the extractor.

3. mrbill

mrbill New Member

P11

4. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Well I don't know anything about the p11, but hit up ktog.org and if its easy to replace the extractor they'll be the guys to tell you how to do it and kel-tec will for sure send you the part if you call and ask for it.

5. mrbill

mrbill New Member

I'm a member over there too. I did a quick search but didn't come up with anything. I'd prefer to send it back since mine is one of the older ones and I've been wanting to have the trigger spring replace and possibly exchange the slide out for one of the hard chromes. Since they're closed right now(I'll call them this week), I was just wondering what the procedures were.

6. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

I've had better luck personally with UPS, FedEx sent me to three different branches cos they didn't know which one could take hazardous material. :rolleyes:

I've heard Kel-tec isn't doing slide swaps anymore. Not to burst your bubble, I could be wrong, but just so you don't get too eager.

7. mrbill

mrbill New Member

np. if they can i'll have em do it, if not, no biggie.

8. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

yup.. use UPS, but dont go to a "UPS Store".. theyre all a bunch of idiots, and claim they cant ship firearms, and get all pussyhurt and scared when you tell them you have a gun :hay: