question about reformating

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Resin, Apr 15, 2005.

1. Resin

Resin OT Supporter

ok so I dl some crap on my computer that's constantly adding spyware onto my computer, and no matter how much I run adaware the spyware comes right back. So I guess I'm going to reformat. Does reformating whip my whole drive clean? and can I just move files or would I have to save them onto a disk?

2. lowfat

lowfat 24/Mac/SciFi/PC Crew OT Supporter

if you have a seperate partition on the hard drive you can move everything you want to keep to other partition, if not you'll need to save them to a cd or dvd.

While you format if you dont have the hard drive partitioned it would be a good idea to do so, so you wouldn't have to save everything to the disc next time.

3. Resin

Resin OT Supporter

there seems to be files such as internet explorer and stuff on my c drive....would that be deleted too?

4. EkriirkE

EkriirkE Zika Xenu OT Supporter

you should, reinstalling windows will reinstall IE

5. hurleyint1386

hurleyint1386 Someone has sand in their vagina

reformatting will completely wipe your computer clean, then you'll re-install the OS and it will be bare. none of your programs or anything will be on there. make sure you aren't voiding any warranties and make sure you have all your software available along with your drivers