Question about refeed.

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by smb is me, Jun 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smb is me

smb is me New Member

Been doing 2100 cals @ 73g of carbs a day.
    Going to do a refeed tomorrow.

Does 3000-3200 cals and 300g Carbs sound good? (i'm @ 177lbs)
    Or Should I keep the cals lower and still get the carbs up?

note: I have a semi-cheat day once every 2 wks.

2. JeremyD

JeremyD New Member

Honestly, it depends on alot of variables. How much you weigh, how much LBM, how hard you're training, how much cardio you do, your individual metabolism.

IMO, don't refeed unless you're body is telling you it needs it.

For me, my refeeds range from 100g (yes 100g) to over 1000g of carbs depending on how my body feels.

3. smb is me

smb is me New Member

Mental and Physical.

177lbs 10-11% bf (thats accurate, not a "add 4% b/c he's on the internet")

My body was dying for a refeed last week (doing everyday cardio). Had to take a 4 day break, legs were killing me, laying around the house all day almost took too much energy. Switching to 3-4 days cardio a week now, at least two fasted morning cardio.

Body feeling a lot better this week, 50/50 on if it needs a refeed.
    But I haven't had a cheat day in two weeks (and that one fit into my daily macros except for carbs) and am ready for a day of deliscious food.

All clean, subway's foot long being the biggest dirty food of the day. Everything else healthy just high carb (oatmeal, bagel+cream cheese, banana)

4. gsxtasyd

gsxtasyd Lift Big........Eat Big........Sleep Big........GE

you should carb up at least once a week IMO. 500g-1500g of carbs depending on how big you are/how depleted you are. Fat should be 0. Only use very lean low fat sources for your protein as close to 0 as you can get. Protein can be low on this day super low if you go super high on the carbs. I only eat 30g of protein per meal on my super high (1000g+ days). Which equates to 180g of protein.

5. The Grid

The Grid OT Supporter

refeeds are great but discovering what kind of refeed is a fucking BITCH b/c theres so many ways to do it.

basically you have to just pick a carb amount, and most people keep protein to 1g per lb of bw and fats as low as possible like gsx said. Then you monitor your progress (keep everything else the same till next week) and do this a few times. Then you switch it up to higher/lower carb amounts depending on if you feel like you "spilled over" (were too bloated/too much fat gain aka too many carbs)

you need to be maticulous in your measurements/recordings

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.