Question about receivers + Satellite

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by bmmikee, Nov 3, 2005.

1. bmmikee

bmmikee New Member

First off my setup is we have one of the new dual TV satellite receiver boxes. It is located on our main TV and connected via AV cables which is working fine. The 2nd TV is just plugged into a COAX cable from the wall jack. When we change the chanel it broadcasts over to the satellite box in the other room and changes the channel on this TV. My question is I want to hook surround sound up to this tv. My knowledge on receivers is limited...will all receivers let you hook up a COAX cable IN and AV cables out (to the TV)? I have an old receiver now that I just can't seem to make work so I am looking at getting a new one that will. TIA.

2. veonake

veonake OnT poster, OT lurker

If I understand your question correctly, almost all new receivers still have coax inputs, and of course they have standard A/V outputs. Depending on price it will have regular composite, then component, and s-video. So, if your goal is to hook up a standard coax cable to a receiver and then outputting it to composite (RCA) almost any receiver will work.

3. bmmikee

bmmikee New Member

That's exactly what I wanted to know, thank you.