question about quickpwn

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by gui3, Feb 4, 2009.

1. gui3

gui3 all the dude ever wanted was his rug back

i have the first-gen iphone, latest firmware.

i tried running the new QuickPwn on it, and i'm following the directions while putting it into DFU mode.

there's a part where you count down before releasing the home button after 10 seconds.

for me, it keeps stopping at 8 or 9, then going directly to "QuickPwn is about to run on your iphone" but hanging there endlessly.

wtf?

2. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

If you're running 10.5.6 you need to follow the steps on the Dev Team blog to roll back the USB stuff to make it work.

3. gui3

ah, i thought that was solved already.

thanks.

4. omgwtfbbqryan

omgwtfbbqryan OT Supporter

or you can hook it up through a usb hub. theres an applescript out there somewhere that will take care of the whole thing, just google dfu 10.5.6

5. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Hmmmm, nice. I remember mention of the USB hub a while back but didn't recall seeing it listed as an option on the Dev Team blog.

6. gui3

i saw the fix for this - they're saying you have to use ADC to get the previous USB drivers, but then if you upgrade quicktime to 7.6 your mouse and keyboard become unusable, and you have to SSH into your mac and do all kinds of things to fix it.

i already have quicktime 7.6 installed and i don't want to put up with that noise, so i'm going to wait until the next hack comes out.

7. omgwtfbbqryan

omgwtfbbqryan OT Supporter

8. Pseudonym

Pseudonym --

Doing this screwed around with my computer. After I installed what they suggested from the ADC, my macbook would kernal panic anytime i plugged in anything usb. I had to revert to the newest USB drivers on the website. I tried reinstalling it again and it did the same thing.