Question about Power Suppy

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Jwright, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Jwright

Jwright New Member

My computer (Hp Pavilion 7955) was having hard drive problems, and completly died on me. I went and bought a new hard drive from fry's and installed it (200gb Maxtor). It powered on the first time I pressed the power button, then when I tried later to install Windows XP, it wouldn't power on.
    So, I went back to fry's and bought a power supply, installed it, loaded windows xp, and everything was fine.....
    Now its 3 weeks later and my computer won't turn on...Should I try another power supply? Any suggestions/help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

2. Wolf68k

Wolf68k OT Supporter

It might not be the PSU, the mobo might be dying or dead.
    I had something like this happen to me and I thought it was the PSU as well. I took it in to a local shop and they said it was the mobo and that everything else was fine.

3. rsxm5

rsxm5 OT Supporter

It also could be another bad power supply. I've seen many people buy cheap power supplies, just to have them go out pretty quickly. I would take it back to Fry's and get it replaced.

4. Jwright

Jwright New Member

Yea, thats what I was thinking. I bought the only one there that would fit my computer (It's a small 200 watt one). I found the original HP one from my computer online, so I think I might try that out.
    Thanks for the replys.