TAT Question about piercing pain

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Sieg, Mar 22, 2005.

1. Sieg

Sieg ★★Major League Door Kicker★★

Last night I changed my earrings to some plastic retainers (Has a job interview). And on a regular basis, i used to twist my earrings, but I never took this certain pair out. I have had them in for about 2 months. They are basic lobe piercings which I have had for over a year. I put the new earrings in and went all day, no problem. I just woke up, and the pain in my ears is worse than it has ever been. I cannot twist them without them hurting. It feels almost infected, but I dont see how they could have gotten infected. I have changed my earrings 20 to 30 times, no problem. Could I be allergic to the plastic? I dont HAVE an allergy to plastics...

Help? Much ouch...

2. desired_apathy

desired_apathy New Member

Maybe you didn't fully heal from first ones and they some how got infected :dunno:

3. Sieg

It feels infected, which is strange... It is leaving a LOT of puss on the retainers. I left them in all day, and they feel a little better, but not much. Like I have changed them multiple times, I have had them since my sophomore year in high school, and I am about to graduate, almost 2 years! I'm sea salting them again, is this okay?

4. Cherryfire

Cherryfire "If we believe obsurdities, we shall commit atroci

Absolutely. Sea salt is not just for newly pierced ears. Its a terrific way to draw out toxins and excess material (ie: pus, discharge). I'd continue doing these soaks until your ears are back to normal again.

By the way, youre really not supposed to "twist" your earrings on a regular basis. I know that I do it on occasion just as a bored habit but it can really irritate and inflame your ear piercing (or any piercing for that matter). I would also recommend not idly touching or twisting your ear unless to clean it from time to time from now on. You'll save yourself some grief there.

5. Sieg

Thank you! I started the sea salt again last night, and it feels slightly beter now. There is still pain, but not as much.

6. dscallaway69

dscallaway69 New Member

quick question and i don't mean to hijack your thread. where can you get plastic retainers and how soon after your piercing is done can you put them in

7. Sieg

I got it at my piercing shop. Cherry, I have a question. I just took the earrings out, and there was a LOT of resistance. When i finally got them out, it looked as if the skin inside of the piercing had been worn off and it was bleeding a lot... The pain is really really bad. I decided to put some 10GA in, I was at an 8GA. I am sea salting them, but it hurts. Lots of puss on the retainers.