TAT Question about piercing care

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Turboed_2, Mar 2, 2004.

1. Turboed_2

Turboed_2 .

I'm not a stranger to piercings but I've never had this happen. I got my industrial done a couple of nights ago and I noticed that the rear hole was a little purple around the inside. A co-worker of mine said the purple could have been a blood vessel. Anyways, I didnt have any problems with it until a few minutes ago when I noticed that it just started to bleed. It wasn't a lot of blood but it wasn't a little. I just cleaned it up with salene solution at first and figured I would get my daily soak out of the way....so I guess I'm wondering if this is normal and if I took care of the problem properly? Thanks guys.

2. Nickos

Nickos Active Member

cartilage sucks.. what happened is most likely normal, it wont fully healfor about 6-8 months either so dont fuck with it too much

3. gooter80

gooter80 Guest

i have a helix to conch industrial and it bled a couple times over a few days time. i wouldnt worry about it. do your soaks and such and it will be fine. mostly i just use the LITFA method: Leave It The Fuck Alone. and it seems to work well for me. as Nickos said cartilage is a PITA and will take forever to heal.

4. CrudeGT

CrudeGT New Member

LIFTA, I like that. i gotta remember that.

I second the above advise. keep it clean and other than that let it be.

5. Turboed_2

Turboed_2 .

I used the LIFTA on my daith and it's healed perfectly so far. I just don't have much luck with piercings on the top of my ear. I had one before and it got infected so I took it out. The ear seems to be good now though, thanks for the help guys :)

6. Turbo, I had the same thing happen. It was no big deal, just be good to it and it will be good to you, and make sure you warn hair stylists and watch out for car doors.

7. pir8penguin

pir8penguin Guest

my frien'd vertical indy did pretty much that exact same thing, but it also did that to his first one (he already had the left one, and it happened then). now his right one is looking great. it's been i'd say 3 months? he just took out the obnoxiously long barbell for one that only moves enough to be cleaned. but like they're sayinf :rant2: LITFA!!!! :rant2:

8. The barbell I got in mine when I had it done was only big enough to fit. Should I wait it out and let it thoroughly heal (it seems to be doing fine), or should I get one that is a little bigger and put it in? I can squish my ear to allow me to clean everything, but it is a PITA.

9. gooter80

gooter80 Guest

If it were me i would get a barbell that is a bit bigger. just to allow for swelling and such. thats what i would do.

10. The swelling is all gone already, just wondering if it would be better to get a slightly larger one for shits and giggles.

11. gooter80

gooter80 Guest

well im assuming u havent had it for that long, u will probably find that it gets swollen at some point, whether u hit it in the shower, or taking off your shirt. just my $0.02

12. I have had it for about a month. I had a hair sylist damn near yank my ear off when she caught it with her clippers and I bashed it on my car door and it hasn't swollen up again:dunno:.