TAT Question about Nipple Piercings

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by BrokenHalo, May 5, 2005.

1. BrokenHalo

BrokenHalo New Member

Can anyone answer a few questions for me? I was hoping to run into someone with some experience in the area :)

First, will nipple piercings interfere with breast feeding? If so, is it a case where you can't breast feed or that its just a little bit messier?

Second, has anyone gotten their nipples pierced and then gotten pregnant? If so, did you have to take the piercings out at all during your pregnancy or were you able to leave them in, even with swelling?

If anyone is wondering, I'm contemplating getting my nipples peirced and I would also like to have children in the near future and am wondering about possible reprocussions concerning breast feeding. Thanks in advance if anyone can help me out... and if this needs moved to the vag... so be it. I just thought I would post here because I know I'm not dealing with children in this particular subforum :hs:

2. IreLynx

IreLynx New Member

When I was researching nipple piercings I came across alot of articles, some of which covered breast feeding. The general consensus seemed to be that you have something like 8 milk ducts going to the nipple and piercing a nipple isn't likely to sever them all; most women had no problems breast feeding afterwards. It's hard to find alot of info on the subject, so you might get better info from someone who has done this after having their nipple pierced; this is what I found:

"Available research upon the impact of nipple piercing on breast feeding is poor. Women who have been pierced have reported few or no difficulties. Usually, when the nipple is pierced, only a few milk ducts are severed; many more remain intact, allowing a regular flow of milk from the breast. Some mothers keep their jewellery in place whilst others remove it when feeding their babies. A note of caution: any balls or beads could become loosened and there is a danger of the infant inhaling or swallowing the jewellery."

3. Laurel

Laurel New Member

From the articles that I've read, the piercing should be removed for the time that you're breastfeeding due to the milk being exposed to air.

4. audrey

audrey New Member

I asked my piercer the same question before I got both mine pierced and she told me that we have thousands of milk ducts and it wont cause a problem at all. Apparently it's even possible to breast feed if you are still wearing bars. But I am sure surgical steel will be to harsh on a babies mouth.

5. Improvolone

Improvolone New Member

Slight thread hi-jack: I recently heard that you can loose sensation in your nipples from getting them pierced. Not that it WILL happen, but that there is a possibility.
    I only heard this once, and recently, from a femme friend.
    Anyone know about this?

6. NeefBuck

NeefBuck Guest

:hsugh:

7. Improvolone

Improvolone New Member

:phew:
    Good

8. BrokenHalo

BrokenHalo New Member

I didn't want to know about breast augmentations... mine are big enough. But thanks guys for the info. I don't really like my nipples played with that much anyway so losing sensation isn't really a big fear of mine. I appreciate the input and I hope to have some new rings to show off soon!