question about motor oil on my paint

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by farrelly, May 2, 2007.

1. farrelly

farrelly New Member

I posted this in the main forum and was told i would get help here.

http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=3181837

What happened is some asshole dumped used motor oil all over my car while it was parked at a train station. I washed it with dish detergent which got most of it off(its dark out so i don't know how it actually looks).

What do you guys suggest for getting oil off a car. ITs all in the window molding and everything so when i put hte windows down they come up with a coat of oil. Someone suggested using driveway degreaser on the car to break up the oil that's in all the crevices and stuff. My brother is going to take it while i'm at work tomorrow and powerwash the hell out if it to force the oil out of all the small spaces.

Can you guys suggest anything to use on the car?

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I'd use a polish to get off the remaining oil, then rewax the car.

3. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

oh fuck that sucks. maybe some castrol super clean or simple green. i'd prolly do this at a quarter car wash or something, since they have oil/water seperators. This will help you out if someone complains about you washing oil down the drain (EPA). maybe soak the car in a 1:1 mix of super clean. i'm sure this is going to take some major reworking after getting everything cleaned up.

4. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

Thats fucked.

If you have the avaliability to add a detergent into your pressure washer, add in some super clean or simple grean, and use that.

You may have to pop the door panels, and go at it that way.

Also, call your insurance company and see if they will cover to have teh car cleaned.

5. farrelly

farrelly New Member

my brother got ran teh car through the carwash like 5 times today while i was at work. it seems to have come out ok but there is still some oil in the moldings and stuff but there hasn't been any paint damage. This weekend i will try some simple green in the pressure washer and replace the windshield wipers. The weekend after next when i'm sure most of the oil is gone i will polish and wax the car. thanks for the suggestions.

6. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

Keep in mind the simple green will foam like mad. So just be ready for that.