Question about menstrual pain(s)

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by magik, Mar 10, 2008.

1. magik

magik New Member

Alright, I've been wondering about this for a while but for some reason never think of asking my gynocologist when I go in so, I figure I'll ask around here to get a general opinion to kind of ease my mind until I can get an actual medical opinion.

My period only lasts about 4 days, the first 1 being absolutely horrible, not only do I bleed like crazy, but I have the worst cramps - some crippling - and I also get vaginal pain. I don't know how to explain it really but it feels like my actual vagina is sore, in a way that's completely similar to when I've had too much sex and it gets really tender. It is so uncomfortable to actually HURT not only internally due to cramps but to this as well.

Has anyone else experienced this? Heard of it happening? Any idea WHY it might be happening or if it's even normal?

It's gone on for so long that I've just always thought maybe I was just really sensitive down there as I am with sex because none of my friends have any idea what I'm talking about when I mention it to them.

Any ideas?

2. rogueslg71

rogueslg71 New Member

well i normally last around 4 days, sometimes 5. so i think the length is normal. the first day for me is also really crazy but i dont have pain besides some slight cramps and mood swings. you can sometimes call your ob/gyn and talk to them or an ap about the problem so that you dont have to go in.

after i first went in for a check up with the ap she said i can call the office anytime to just talk to her about whatever instead of making an appointment right away since it might not be needed

3. childofbean

childofbean Green Member

Birth control can help with the menstrual pains. I don't know what to tell you about the vaginal pain. Could you have fibroids?

4. childofbean

childofbean Green Member

And when you say vagina, you mean the vaginal cavity, not the vulva. Am I correct?

Last edited: Mar 10, 2008
  5. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Talk to your gyno. You know he/she will have the best answer.

6. magik

magik New Member

I just moved so I don't have one out here yet, I've been meaning to look one up, I just went to planned parenthood last time for the pap since it was cheap and I knew I could always go in there. I should probably look for a new one sometime today, thanks for the advice!

I've been on/off birth control for a while, it didn't really stop the pain, it just made my period pretty much non existent except for maybe 2-3 times a year.

Yes, the actual vaginal opening. I don't know how to verbalize it well, I use tampons and it's not like a "to the touch" pain, it's just an ongoing discomfort that I feel no matter what.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2008
  7. eskarinna

eskarinna New Member

i know 4-5 days is the normal lenght. The cramps are different in every girl. I know a gfriend who was healthy and was hurthing so bad and bleeding so much the first 2 days that she had to take off school and work due to the fact she was blacking out.

I have the other issue you are talking about and my obgyn didn't seem to think its alarming but i have PCOS and i have alot more painful periods and the pain is reflected from the tubes. The cramps of the tubes are so bad that they make the cervix cramp and from there on it makes the vag muscle cramp.

However i am a bad case because of my condition and i suggest you see a doctor and see why its happening with you. It could be the tampons too.

Which reminds me last time i had my p was before xmas -.-

nope i am not....

had 6 blood pregnancy tests done since then all negative and the last one was friday in my local hospital

I wish i was =[

now i have to take provera for 10 days to get it started, then have HSG(tube xray with some nasty dye) and if everything is ok (everybody cross your fingers) they will start me on clomid and if very lucky (pray for me) i will be blessed with tweens so i don't have to go through that hell ever again for a 2nd baby.

8. magik

magik New Member

Yeah, the periods I was told have been shortened due to the length of time I was on birth control, for about 6 years. Before I started birth control my periods would last 7-10 days and it was unholy awful.

The cramping I was told was also normal in some people and it wasn't anything to be worried about, just to take midol and use heat packs or something of the sort.

But the uncomfortable soreness is what I'm wondering about since none of my friends have had or heard of this. I stopped using tampons for a while to see if the pain went away, but no matter what I use I still get the soreness for the first day or two.

9. fray

fray New Member

I sometimes get what I can only describe as a "hollow" feeling pain, but not external vaginal pain.

10. Elphaba

Elphaba New Member

I get that too! Tho I dont get my period any more, sometimes when I've been around other girls for a long time or sometimes after I have sex I get the same thing - I've always wondered if it was normal but have never found a good way to say it. "Hollow" is good though...

11. fray

fray New Member

yeah, like it's not really pain, it's a weird, tingly, hollow feeling. haha...i'm glad someone knew what I was talking about so I didn't just sound crazy.

12. Elphaba

Elphaba New Member

I've always used "empty" but that didnt really seem to be quuiitteee right. Usually mine goes away pretty quick, but I've had a few times where (especially after sex) it lingered for a while and is really fucking annoying.

13. fray

fray New Member

empty is another way i describe it.

I usually get it the first day of my period and that's about it.

14. magik

magik New Member

I get it after sex a lot and the first day or two of my period but, both are an actual soreness though.

Got a few lists of ob/gyns around here, going to see my surgeon this afternoon, maybe he can recommend some good names around me.

15. mavfan1

mavfan1 Active Member

why why why do i keep clicking on these threads

i love women and i am always happy to read posts from the vag women, but i prefer NOT to know all the vagina details....sorry

16. magik

magik New Member

I don't know why you do either, from my experience, you say anything related to a period and guys do running lol.