Question about Meguiars 3-step products

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by ChrisX22, May 14, 2004.

1. ChrisX22

ChrisX22 Guest

I was reading the product reviews and it said to stay away from the red bottle meguiars products.
    I noticed that they have a 3 step product that they sell at auto zone. a cleaner wax, polish wax, and a carnauba wax. (i think that is right), either way, it's 3 bottles and 3 steps.
    What is the quality of these products? any good? i just bought a new black car and want to take care of it the best that I can, I don't want it to get out of control on me.
    I also plan on purchasing some products from off the web, just wanted to wax my car good this saturday.
    Could I replace any of the 3 steps with Meguiars NXT wax? i heard some good reviews on that also. or can i replace all 3 steps with the NXT wax?

I am reading more reviews on products still to try to decide what i want to buy. I am leaning towards some poorboys EX-P sealant, some vanilla moose, and some s100.
    i don't know if i need any meguiars swirl remover? i don't notice any swirles yet, only had the car a week and washed/waxed it once.

Any suggestionsn on products or comments on the ones I mentioned?
    thanks all, appreciate it.

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Meguiars burgandy bottle line has been tweaked so it is pretty good now. The main difference is that the burgandy bottle line is meant to be used by hand and is designed to work best that way. The Mirror Glaze and Professional Series lines are meant to be used with a buffer, although #9 Swirl Free, #81 Hand Polish, #82 Swirl Free Polish and #83 Dual Action Cleaner Polish can be used by hand or machine. NXT is a last step product, it won't replace the 3 step system.

I'd keep a bottle of #9 on hand for removing minor surface problems and for a yearly deep polishing. Vanilla Moose and EX-P are good choices and I would try them alone before throwing S100 into the mix. I've been very happy with how EX-P looks on its own and have yet to top it.

3. ChrisX22

ChrisX22 Guest

alright then, i'll give VM and ex-p a try as soon as i can get some ordered. I think EX-P is out of stock ?

i also bought a clay bar kit by mothers, with lube, a small bottle of wax, and the bar. do i actually need the bottle of wax if i use the 3 step products?

I don't h ave a buffer, and don't plan on getting one really soon. I'd like to do it by hand for now.

I"ll give the 3 step products a try then. We'll see how it turns out this weekend.
    should i use the clay bar now or wait until i've driven the car for a while?

4. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

You can use the clay bar now because even new cars have some paint contamination from rail dust, etc.

5. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

You do not need the bottle of Mother's wax, but you can use that for a quickie one step in the future. It is a pretty good cleaner wax.

Clay if the paint is not glass smooth....and it probably won't be.

EX-P is out of stock? Have you tried www.pakshak.com or www.poorboysworld.com ?

6. ChrisX22

ChrisX22 Guest

actually no I hadn't tried those sites. It looks like poorboysworld.com does have it, so about to order. :bigthumb: thanks. :bowdown:
    I don't know if i'm going to wash/wax today, forecast calls for lots of rain the next few days, might just try a quick detail.
    but thanks for all the info.

7. Ryuhei

Ryuhei Oh gawd

I feel the love up in this here forum, biatches! :hug: