MIL question about medical history when enlisting

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by squds, Sep 14, 2009.

1. squds

squds New Member

I recently got in a motorcycle accident (4 months ago) my ankle was sprained (think it was slightly fractured), anyway it got better for the most part but if i twist it oddly i can still feel pain from it. I am able to sprint at full speed on it and feel no pain whatsoever, only if i'm doing totally out of the ordinary things with it does it bother me and even then the pain is not that intense.

My question is, will this disqualify me at MEPS? Would I be better off just not mentioning it? It doesn't seem like a big enough problem to pose any real problems, but I would like your expert opinions, thanks!

2. eightsevenzero

eightsevenzero New Member

if there is a hospital record you need to report it. if no, then see if you pass their physical. if you pass it you should be good to go.

3. eightsevenzero

oh also there is a series of checklists that you need to sign off on, asking if you have hepatitis and broken bones, if you ever been in a clinic for any reason, ever done any drug, rashes, etc... they ask everything. do what you think is the right thing. your call

4. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

Disqual...no, but it may be worth bringing up.

5. eightsevenzero

if anything you can always get a waiver

6. squds

squds New Member

so wouldn't disqual, what's the worst case scenario if i were to bring it up?

waiver is just where they would check it out and if it wasn't severe enough they'd just let it go?

thanks for the quick replies.

ps. there is no hospital record of it whatsoever

7. eightsevenzero

if no medical records no need to submit hospital papers. (since there are none) you will have to answer a question that asks if you've ever had any fractures and broken bones. since you're not sure if it was fractured. thats your call. if you can pass the physical with the doc and he doesn't say anything about your mobility and pain you should be alright. they make you walk around like a duck and stuff and weird movements to see if your body is okay. if they find something they'll ask you, send you to get consults (outside doctors to check) meps doctor will check if he thinks its okay. and then recommend or not recommend a waiver. recruiters will apply to recruiting HQ for a waiver. depends how long and what branch and you'll find out if they give you a waiver or not.

8. squds

squds New Member

got it, well i guess i'll just see if i can pass the physical :x: