MIL Question about medical discharge from boot camp

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by grizzy, Jun 8, 2008.

1. grizzy

grizzy OT Supporter

A friend of mine went to navy bootcamp (live in Cincinnati, OH - don't know where he is for boot) and he got discharged for sleepwalking. He has been sitting in a building doing nothing but watching movies and shit for the past few weeks because the navy lost his paperwork.

He gets a phone call every once in a while, and he gives updates to his girlfriend and family. Apparently they claimed to have found it and were going to send him to a legal building to finish his discharge but it turns out they lied and still don't know where his shit is.

Is there some kind of limit on how long they can hold him because they lost his papers? IIRC his girlfriend said he would be getting out of bootcamp about now. He's been "discharged" for at least 2 weeks, maybe more.

2. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

Sounds like you are getting 1/4 of the real story. In todays electronic world lost paperwork can be reprinted and signed in a matter of minutes.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2008
  3. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

The fastest way out of boot camp is to graduate on time. ANY OTHER WAY will end up with the recruit staying there much longer than everyone else.

And ditto what Brackac said.

4. MumblingJoe169

MumblingJoe169 New Member

tell that to the jackasses at S1 that lost my DA31

5. Reign

Reign Banned

Mother fucking DAWT.

6. thekinggovernor

thekinggovernor OT Supporter

lol you would be suprised

7. kidhero

kidhero not really a hero, really just a big fat phony

1 year. i've met guys stuck at boot camp for that long in MRP. it was this guy that couldn't pass the PFT for some reason (running specifically). he tried it so many times but just could never pass it. eventually 1 year from his entry date came up and he was given one more shot to do it in order to graduate but he failed. so they made him go home.

8. Cheerio

Cheerio New Member

True True

When I was in BCT for the Army, we had a two guys that would not complete the gas chamber. One refused to go in thinking he would get let go for not conforming to the Army (he had other issues where he just wouldnt do anything anyways) and the other guy was closterphobic from having a mask on his face. This guy would start crying litterally when it was on his face for like 5 seconds. Grown ass man is his 30s. Both guys were told they were going to be let go, one for not conforming and the other for medical (closterphobia). Lets just say they were transfered out to RHU (return home unit) and by the time I graduate BCT (about 5 weeks later) they were being reassigned to another BCT unti to restart. They went from being "discharged" to being restarted.