question about mass building hytrophy

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by romostud22, Dec 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. romostud22

romostud22 New Member

http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?p=108902729&posted=1#post108902729

My log for reference.

Question: This guy on there posted on the second page of my log about mass building hytrophy and how I shouldn't really be doing it? What does that mean? I looked online for some stuff about it, and all it said is that it's for building muscle. which is what I wanna do. so should I keep doing what I'm doing or stop.

Goals for reference: Lose fat and gain muscle. started 4 months ago @ 250 and now am at 225. :) but I've gotten brollyer/stronger.

Cliffs: what does muscle building hytrophy mean?

2. NUDES

NUDES New Member

ignore ketchupking

what you're doing is fine

3. romostud22

romostud22 New Member

Okay. that's what I was going to do because there were a couple of really cool OT brolly's who were telling me that I was doing everything okay, but bam he put that fancy hytrophy word in there and I just wanted to make sure. Thanks!!

4. xSteveO

xSteveO Guest

if you're seeing results than you're doing better than most people here, keep it up

5. NUDES

NUDES New Member

hytrophy. Isn't a word he probably meant hypertrophy which is gaining muscle. Even though your goal is fat loss hard intense lifting is very beneficial. It will cause significant calorie burn as well as overall health benefits.

6. romostud22

romostud22 New Member

Thanks guys! I really appreciate it! At first, I felt really uncomfortable for posting on here for fear of getting flamed cuz I'm a n00b. But I really appreciate the positive help! I'm starting to do FitDay on thursday and hopefully once I get the hang of it, I'll be able to get some serious leaning down of fat and building up of muscle!

7. Tumbles

Tumbles New Member

Only dumb noobs get flamed. You seem to be doing things right and asking non-retarded questions.

8. romostud22

romostud22 New Member

thx. lemme know if i begin asking those questions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.