question about macbook battery. . .

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by jackback52, Apr 30, 2007.

1. jackback52

jackback52 Guest

recently the battery on my macbook has been fucking up. I give it a full charge and use it for an hour and a half. when it gets down to about 13% charge the laltop dies. I mean it completly dies. doesn't go into sleep mode or anything, i don't even get a warning. now, push the botton on the battery and none ot the green lights flash. so i end up pluging it back in and restart the computer and computer still shows a 13% charge. I've already done 3 recalibrationsthis week, reset of the PMU, deleting the PMU.plist file. all the updates have been done including the battery update.

At this point should I call applecare and demand a new batery? I mean I did buy the extended warranty.

2. TurboDerek

TurboDerek My favorite meal is horsemeat and rice.

make an appointment at you local apple store. make sure you are near the 13% when the battery dies. When it's your turn they should run it to test your issue. if it under 6 month old you should have no problems getting it replaced.

3. jackback52

jackback52 Guest

I called applecare. I explained everything and told them what I tried to do
    to fix the problem. long story short I'm getting a new battery that should come in a few days. I'm gonna drain the old battery completely and ship it back to them so they (I think a tech guy might look at it) can see the state I described when I called. Also, while I was on hold with the girl, I looked that the total mAh capacity and it was around 3269. I ran OnyX and cleaned out all the cashes, ran all the scrpits, everything. I did a reboot and looked at rhe mAh again. it reported it at 4202 mAh. Somethings definatly wrong with those batteries. either way I'm glad I'm getting a new battery.

here's hoping my battery gets the apple techs a little closer to a better solution.

4. Chadder007

Chadder007 OG Diamond Member