Question about leasing a Ranger

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by andymodem, Apr 3, 2002.

1. andymodem

andymodem Ambitious, but rubbish.

I'm looking into getting rid of my acura integra, and leasing a 2002 Ford Ranger. First off, i'm 21 years old, and i don't have alot of disposable income right now. On a 3 year lease, is it possible to get payments around 200-250 a month, and what would i need to do to get them that much if i can? BTW, i'd want the 4x4 with the 4.0 V6

2. Nemesis_152

Nemesis_152 I'm a delicate desert flower from Arizona.

you'll end up getting screwed on a lease. i know it's a tough thing to commit to, but buy the truck and you'll end up saving money

3. BigDirk

BigDirk Guest

I leased the 2000 Ranger I'm driving right now and the monthly payments are $219 a month for an ext. cab 3.0 XLT 2wd. Back when I leased mine, I saw 4x4 Rangers advertised for $260 a month, but they may not do that any more.

I'll probably buy a used car when my lease expires in a few months, cuz I can't do any modifications to my Ranger because it is a lease. Think about it and read all of the fine print before you make up your mind.

4. SycoPhant

SycoPhant Get out my way

If you do it, remember you can't mod it or you HAVE to buy it when the lease is up, and your payment may go up! Also, most leases require *immaculate* credit.
    You certainly can get a nice low payment below 250, and if you get one get nothing less than an Edge Ext. cab w/ the 4.0L v6, 5spd and NO flareside because the longbed is better looking :)