Question about LCD's

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by DigiCrime, Jun 16, 2004.

1. DigiCrime

DigiCrime If Only!

I bought a 19 LCD yesterday, Samsung SynMaster 192N from Circuit city, 750 bucks worth. Nice monitor but for the money, it might be just me. The image quality on it aint to bad but text that is like 12 and under, looks kinda smudged, or like theres no ant-aliasing or something. I havent quit got this thing ajusted yet but its bright as hell almost to bright :hs:

Is this normal for LCD's ? This is my first LCD of my own, my friend has a 15 inch that has nice quality on it, even my laptop has a decent image quality on it for as old as it is so I dunno if its me or just the monitor.

2. Substance

Substance New Member

19" LCD's usually work best with high resolution. Try setting your display to something like 1280x1024.

3. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

I'd take it back and ask for another one. LCD's tend to be clear and blocky, not smudged when in a lower resolution.

4. DigiCrime

DigiCrime If Only!

at 1280x1024, looks a little better but, the text looks like it has a shadow behind it. my graphics card is a Nvidia GeForce4 MX 440 if that helps any. If you ever used photoshop and turn anti-aliasing off thats how it looks on smaller text, larger text you dont see it. :dunno:

5. Substance

Substance New Member

Did you calibrate the monitor? Usually comes with software that will walk you through setting it up for best display.

6. lowfat

lowfat 24/Mac/SciFi/PC Crew OT Supporter

Make sure that windows is smoothing fonts with ClearType. It made the world of difference on my laptop.

7. DigiCrime

DigiCrime If Only!

did all the calibration I could, has an auto feature on it, but then selected smooth effect, and that made the difference :big grin: :bigthumb: thanks a bunch. Now if I could get the color right on it lol