Question about iPod

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Turkey_Sub, Jun 10, 2004.

1. Turkey_Sub

Turkey_Sub New Member

I just got a 15GB iPod. I connected it and all and tested it out to see how it works and its beautiful. However my one question is as follows:

Every cd I own, and every music file is already on a WMP playlist. Now I tried adding all the folders in iTunes, but it doesnt show up in the library. Is it possible to just transfer a saved WMP playlist to iTunes, then to the iPod, or what should I go about doing? iTunes came up with like 1/20 of the music that I have on my computer automatically, but what do I do to upload the other music easily? Sorry for such a noobish question.

P.S. also the salesman at the store mentioned the whole 1 year battery thing, so I decided to get a replacement warranty. How true is this that the battery dies after a year or so?

2. drinks11

drinks11 I record music.

The iPod only accepts songs in certain file formats, make sure they are either in mp3 or the other listed in the book. As for the battery, it's iffy. It will apparently last at least 500 full drains/recharges, so if you're going to use it every day, wise choice on the replacement. I think what I'm gonna be doing is get it replaced before the year is out and then again after it, that's three in one...

3. Turkey_Sub

Turkey_Sub New Member

Also, I have most of my songs that I put on my computer from CD's in WMP format. And i dont think that iTunes is letting me put them in the library, how could i do fix this?

4. drinks11

drinks11 I record music.

You're not gonna like my answer...unless you can find a program to convert them (try download.com WMP to MP3 converter) you're gonna have to start over and redo them all...(i recommend CDex for ripping CDs; also available at download.com) sorry...

5. LIQUID

LIQUID #HarambeBless

yup...rerip them :hs:

i havent heard of any converters that will do a batch job...ill look around the net to see if i can find anything :)

6. Turkey_Sub

Turkey_Sub New Member

Thanks alot fellas, but I figured out that if you manually take a group of songs and drag them to the playlist area in iTunes, it will automatically convert the songs and make them one large playlist, adding them to your library. Thanks alot fellas for your help.