Question about in-dash monitor w/ DVD

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by murox, Jan 11, 2003.

1. murox

murox Guest

I'm looking for a double-din all-in-one monitor with DVD to install in my '97 Eclipse GSX. So far, I've only found one model, a NecVox 6.5" all-in-one (link below).

I don't know a whole lot about car audio/video, and I've never heard of NecVox, but I'm in a bit of a bind, since it's the only company (that I've found) that offers the product I want.

So, my questions are, is NecVox a reputible company, or a fly-by-night company? Does anyone know if another company (Sony, Pioneer, Clarion) offers a similar product? I don't want a flip-up screen, just the all-in-one unit with the monitor built-in to the face.

Thanks for the help.

http://www.mobilevideo4less.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=MV&Product_Code=ID9690

2. Faygo

Faygo Got any room in your pocket for a little spare Cha

My cousin recently bought a NecVox 5.6" screen and it has the worst looking picture I have ever seen. Even straight on the picture is bad. At even a slight angle there is a lot of washout.

3. OOTSABryan

OOTSABryan New Member

Eclipse makes a double-din one. I forget the model number.....its pretty snazzy.

4. lsondubz

lsondubz Guest

you can get a pioneer thats double din looks good to, the double din eclipse i believe is the 7301

5. thegeneral

thegeneral Guest

why would anyone spend that much money on something like that. do you drive across the country a lot? :ugh:

6. lsondubz

lsondubz Guest

i got mine for when i go to shows or have a passengar :confused: