TAT question about healing & touch up's

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by untoastytoast, Nov 27, 2009.

1. untoastytoast

untoastytoast The Glory Days

So I have my tattoo for 16 days now and I've followed the healing instructions to a T, washing and applying ointment/lotion etc. It already flaked all off, at what point does it heal up completely and do I have to stop doing the aforementioned stuff daily?

also when should i go back in to get it touched up? I feel like in certain spots there's a lot less ink and that it looks kinda spotty, but then again I don't really know if i'm just being perfectionist and looking for problems where there aren't any. I'll post a picture of it in a second.

thanks.

2. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

Keep doing the ointment/lotion until everything has flaked off.

You want to give it usually 2-3 weeks before getting it touched up. Sometimes a "milk scab" (light scab that makes colors look milky) will form and make your tattoo look really light.

3. phigity

phigity New Member

I wait until the tattoo isn't shinny anymore (normally about a month) before going back for a touch up. Once all the scabs/flakes are gone it's up to you how long to continue to use lotions. It's always a good idea to continue using lotion for the life of your tattoo. Don't forget sunscreen as well.

4. untoastytoast

untoastytoast The Glory Days

alright thank you for the help guys. Yeah, currently it's still shiny when the light hits it right, which leads me to believe that it is flaking/scabby still but i can't visually see anything. I'll give it another week or two and then see how it looks.

5. Bill The Butcher

Bill The Butcher Active Member

what % of tattoos get a touchup? Just curious because I've never had one

6. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

:dunno: I don't know a set percentage. From just paying a little bit of attention at my shop I've noticed that it's the people who are overly concerned that need touchups most often.

7. TWG

TWG New Member

if you did your homework and got tattooed by the right person and took good care if it i see no need for touchups.