GUN Question about gun values.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by amill94, Mar 20, 2006.

1. amill94

amill94 OT Supporter

Hey guys, I was wondering if there were any web-sites or books I could get to check the value of some rifles I have. Long story short, my grandfather gave my dad all of his hunting guns. Today I was up helping my parents move some stuff around, and it turns out the guns were to be given to me when I was old enough to legally own them. They are all in awesome shape, and were cared for. I'm guessing they are from the 1950's-60's, judging by the hunting licenses I found in the gun cabinet. I have the model numbers written on a paper. Anyway, if you guys know of anywhere I can check the value that'd be awesome. I don't want to sell them, just curious what they're worth.

Thanks

2. twofourtysx

twofourtysx New Member

Theres a book you can get that is like the KBB of guns. Forgot what it was called though. I saw it a walmart the other day

3. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

4. lobstradomus

lobstradomus New Member

Isnt it actually called the blue book?

5. amill94

amill94 OT Supporter

Thanks for the info guys. I'll check out those books and see what I can find.

6. twofourtysx

twofourtysx New Member

The one krott posted is, but the one I saw was different

7. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

If they're hunting arms go to accuratereloading.com and ask for the values over there, just list the models, condition, and serial number range. Most people will be more than happy to help.

8. jimmybuffett

jimmybuffett New Member

post them on here, we can probably give you a close shot at what they are worth

9. Alphaeus

Alphaeus New Member

I think you should post pics

10. amill94

amill94 OT Supporter

I don't have pics...b.c the guns are still at my parents house. I do have models. I should have written down serials, although, I don't remember if I actually saw serials on them. I'll post up pics in a couple days, after I get up there again.

Winchester 94 - 30-30 win.
    lever action

Savage Arms .300 Savage
    Lever Action

Ithica Model 37 Fetherlight 12 gauge

Savage 4C
    .22 bolt action

I know this last gun is not worth much, but the lever actions should worth something decent.

11. jimmybuffett

jimmybuffett New Member

that savage should be worth between $250-400 depending on condition. those are very cool guns. aside from that, it was your grandpas, i would never sell it

12. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:werd: I've got a few rifles that belonged to my dad and grandfather, they sit in the safe I rarely shoot them and some of them I have less then a box of ammo for but I'de never sell any of them.

13. amill94

amill94 OT Supporter

Yeah, I wouldn't sell them. I was just wondering what they were worth for the hell of it. I plan to clean them up next time I get up there and take pics for you guys.

14. 7

Any gun I have that belonged to my grandpa or great-grandpa I shoot :o Although they're in excellent condition they're all for the most part the lower grade models and will never be worth that much so I dont worry about it.

15. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I do take them out occasionally but none are my usual bring to the range guns, I might bring one of them along when i goto the outdoor range just to fire a few rounds through, I did use my grandpas 30-30 about 3 or 4 seasons ago and got 2 bucks with it :cool:

16. 7

I have a Model 70 from 1941 that was my great grandpas, I replaced the old Weaver K4 on it with a lyman aperture sight that was an option from the factory at the time because the regular irons are long gone and its much nicer (1/4" adjustments and what not). I hunted with it this year one day and missed a coyote (aimed too high) and then couldnt even chamber another round because I never checked to make sure the ammo I loaded would feed from the magazine (I dont know WTF I was doing there). My incompetence ruined that day :mamoru:

17. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

the savage lever actions are fucking sweet.. I bet if you put it on gunbroker, my uncle would buy it.. hes obsessed with em.

18. 7

I was going to buy one last year but I wanted something besides a 300 savage plus I'd like to buy local so it was a no-go. .250 savage, .308, 7mm-08, and especially .358 win demand higher prices.