GUN question about glock accuracy

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by chic0, Apr 23, 2004.

1. chic0

chic0 New Member

I've heard that glocks aren't very accurate because the weight isn't distributed evenly. Is this true?

For instance, is a m1911 more accurate than a .45 glock? If so, is it because the weight, or does that have nothing to do with it?

2. Gouda

Gouda New Member

I shot the Glock 21 the other day and it seemed a tad low but once i got used to it, it was very nice. Later on today Im gonna go shoot the Glock 19. To see if that shoots the same. But overall I did like the Glock 21 my only complaint is that is a bit bulky.

3. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

Not true at all. i find them well balanced, however it would depend on the size of your hand, strength, etc.

A quality 1911 is technically more accurate than a production pistol, Glock for example, but either are more accurate than most people can shoot and plenty accurate for a "combat" situation. i certainly don't notice a difference.

4. ShackleMeNot

ShackleMeNot MINDSET

Glocks are not made to be precision pistols. They are tools easily capable of combat accuracy. If you want a fighting pistol you can't do much better than a Glock.

-smn

5. SS109

SS109 3100 FPS OT Supporter

I have a hard time going from single action 1911's to striker action Glocks.
    Once you get used to the trigger, you can get great accuracy out of the gun.

6. Jefferson Darcy

Jefferson Darcy Ol' shit chest

Glocks are not unaccurate, but 1911's are certainly more intrinsically accurate.

They are also more accurate in the hands of most people, because they are the easiest pistols to shoot well for most people.

most of what messes up your accuracy is the guns trigger pull. A 1911 with a good trigger is about perfect as far as pistol triggers go, and shoul have no negative effect on your accuracy. A glock trigger may have some negative effect if you're not used to it. Especially the shitty NYPD Glock triggers :greddy:

7. chic0

chic0 New Member

Thanks for the replies.

The only reason I asked is 'cause someone tried to tell me that a .45 glock is the most accurate .45 you can get. I didn't believe him so I asked OT.

Thanks again.

8. Vatoloco

Vatoloco In a pinch, though, you could jam it into someone'

I am best with single action guns with really short trigger pulls but I shoot a Glock good too. As long as I always keep the trigger held in after each shot and just barely release it I can get a good group (for me anyways). I call it a group, but it's something most pros would probably laugh it.

9. ryanbum

ryanbum Its the one that says Bad Mother Fucker on it

Tell him that he's a joke. There are a bunch of box stock 1911's out there that will out perform a glock anyday. Don't get me wrong Glocks are awesome and I carry one everyday but a Les Baer, Wilson Combat, Kimber, Sig GSR will shoot tighter groups anyday. I also have a hK P9 in .45 ACP that will shoot on raggedy hole