SRS Question about finding Father...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by mrscruffles, Apr 5, 2007.

1. mrscruffles

mrscruffles New Member

ok so this is the story.

cliffs at bottom

I havent seen my father since it was cool to go to McDonnalds, i dont remember how old i was but you get the point. he used to send me a card a year with no return address, then one year he sent one with a return address and it kinda bugged me but at that point in my life i was to fucked up off the booze and weed to give a shit.
    Now I am 23 years old, and sober for alomst 14 months, my life has changed ALOT and for some reason this thought and want to find him is bugging the shit out of me. so I went online and payed some cash to www.intelius.com and got his past addresses and a background check. nothing came up on the BG check. I went to the past 2 addresses and he didnt live in one and the other one doesnt even exist.
    I called the town police to see if they could help me in anyway and they cant, he hasnt been arrested or anything like that so they have no info they can give me.
    My question to you all is, what do I do now? should I give up and say i tryed and leave it at that and let it bug me forever or what?
    I dont know what the fuck to do and for some reason its driving me fucking nutty.
    please help

~sean~

cliffs: havent seen father in over 15 years> looked for him on internet and police>no info> dont know what the fuck to do now.

2. Lateralus

Lateralus New Member

Well first of all congratulations on being sober for 14 months, that's a huge accomplishment.

Secondly have you tried to contact and/or find any other members of your famly on your fathers side, they may have a good idea of his most recent address. You may also want to see if he has any military background, when I was looking for my father I was able to gather some information due to the time he spent in the Army, good luck.

3. mrscruffles

mrscruffles New Member

thank you, this past 14 months has been hard and amazing to say the least.

yes, i forgot to say that part, i contacted my grandfather, his father, and he hasnt heard from him for as long as i have if not longer.
    i dont know if he has any military background, how would i go about finding that out....

4. 7960

7960 New Member

If my father chose to remove himself from my life for 15 years I'd probably choose to remove myself from his forever.

your mother or his father, your grandfather, would know if he was in the military.

5. mrscruffles

mrscruffles New Member

well the thing is we chose to get away from him, well my mom did, i dont know much about him, and it sucks not knowing shit about him.
    the strange part is, while i am looking for him i almost dont want to find him because i have no clue what the fuck i would say or do... if i wasnt for my girlfriend i wouldnt have even gone out last night going to the addresses i found.

6. Lateralus

Lateralus New Member

Well being that my father was in the Army, I ended up being born in a military hospital, and my mother was able to get into contact with a former friend of his through the hospital. If your father does have a military background, I don't know if you could try to directly contact someone about that, being that any of that information may not be publicly available.

7. Frankie

Frankie New Member

8. mrscruffles

mrscruffles New Member

i sent him a mail asking for help, now to get a responce :)

thanks again

9. mrscruffles

mrscruffles New Member

this shit is driving me nutty, i just want to be able to say fuck it and give up, but i cant... i just wish i knew why i cant give up and why i want to do this so bad....

10. 7960

7960 New Member

^

why would you getting sober make you crave finding your father? was he a drunk? are you curious to see if he was a drunk?

why did your mom choose to get away from him and work to keep you from contacting him?

lastly, have you talked with your mom...I mean *really* talked with her? I wouldn't be surprised if she knows where he is, or how to contact him.