Question about female house mate

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Osiris^, May 2, 2009.

1. Osiris^

Osiris^ Creepy as fuck son OT Supporter

Ok now that I've actually typed this out it sounds like something of nothing, but I don't know, in real life it seems like more than what it is written down.

Recently moved in (6 weeks ago) with a girl who we'll call Natalie. She was advertising a room in her house to rent out. I'm working in the area until September so went for a viewing, got on well, spoke everyday via text/e-mail and then I moved in. So in other words I'm just the lodger for 5 months. Anyway, sometimes I get a really good vibe from her and other times she can be a bit reserved. She even mentions about how she's not interested in having a boyfriend just yet and all the rest of it (the ex was an asshole).

Anyway, she does a few things which make me sort of wonder 'hmmm, what's she thinking/what are her motives'. Obviously I know nobody can answer this but if I just give you a list of what she does perhaps you could tell me if these are usual signs of someone being interested:

- She texts and e-mails a lot of the time I’m not in the house just to chat or whatever
    - Her conversational tone is very banter-based and seems to make an effort to chat
    - Recently she’s been more touchy/feely e.g. we were having a few drinks before going out on one last Saturday and she was playing around wrestling the remote control off me because I was putting on songs she didn’t like.
    - She insists I go out with her and her mates when they go out clubbing. Like last Saturday night I’d planned on chilling out on the on my Xbox and getting lost in a game or whatever. But her friends arrived and she was texting me from downstairs saying ‘come on down it’ll be fun’, ‘Stacey (edited friend’s name) wants to meet you!’
    - And, this may just be really wishful thinking but when I was talking and dancing with Stacey on the night out, and when she had my undivided attention for periods of time I got the impression that Natalie wasn’t quite jealous but….she'd ‘noticed’ we were close if that makes sense. I’m sure you all know what I mean, they glance out of other corner of their eye, see something they think "urgh" about and then quickly turn and start speaking to someone else. This bit sounds slightly paranoid but you know how when someone sees something they don't like, if you're watching carefully you can see their real reaction before they very quickly 'cover it up' with something else? And it just makes me think well if that's making her feel slightly jealous then perhaps there is something?
    - Also her mother came to stay with us (she lives out of the country and had come back to visit). Me and her mother got on really well because I’m always really chilled, up for a laugh etc and when I was away one weekend she was texting me saying ‘my mother has just been on the phone to her friend saying how lovely you are! I guess I’ll have to put her straight!;)

However, even if she did like me, I would assume she wouldn’t pursue anything while I living in the house as if it went sour it would make our living situation slightly awkward….

What do you all think? Just a friend? Maybe interested? Wishful thinking on my part?

PS: By saying ‘wishful thinking’ I mean I do quite like her….. she’s attractive, she’s got exactly the same sense of humour as me and we get on really well…..so perhaps it’s just me exaggerating something that isn’t there. I also make her laugh all the time and she seems to quite like spending time with me, and also mentioned about how comfortable she's felt around me. She does complain about her ex though so I think I may have been friend-zoned lol.

2. Kinks

Kinks Sup. OT Supporter

You couldn't be more wrong. You have a time limit of 5 months and then you move away. That gives you and her 5 months to hook up, shag, go out and party and have fun whatever and it won't be anything serious cos you're leaving. Therefore things shouldn't have a chance to get awkward, if they do big deal you find somewhere else.

It sounds like you have great chemistry with this girl and she is putting in EFFORT for you to go out with her and meet her friends. Put down the Xbox, get off OT, get drunk with her and make a pass at her. You'll be balls deep before you know it.

3. just_another_on

just_another_on New Member

4. LudaMan

LudaMan New Member

5. Reign

Reign Banned

What is FWB?

6. Osiris^

Friends With Benefits, I assume.

7. Bob Brown

Bob Brown bewshit, bewshit, bewshit

[y]g1OeajK7hfs[/y]

8. Osiris^

I've been out drinking and dancing with her and her mates loads of times, but I just don't 'feel' there's an opportunity then. It's strange. The problem is the place she's living has a very tightly-knit community and there's almost always someone she knows at the bars/clubs. I think if we went further afield she may be more open....

9. Reign

Reign Banned

Suggest drinking at home some night just the two of you.

10. Abomb

Abomb New Member

wow dude assuming shes good looking it sounds like you have a nice setup going

11. Osiris^

I know lol, I just wanna escalate this to the next level (or even attempt to escalate it to see if there IS a next level between us).....:wiggle:

12. Reign

Reign Banned

I dated/fucked a girl I worked with. Well, more than once.... It never ends up good. Though you're moving away sort of soon so... yeah. Still though... un-needed tension in the lion's den.

If her friend's are around so much, why not just fuck them? Plus when you hit on them, you'll find out for sure if she wants you or not by if she does or doesn't act jealous.

13. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

doesnt sound like you have a lot of other options. give it a go.

Do it when alcohol is involved. chicks LOVE being able to blame things on alcohol so they will accept this excuse as a reason to not have any awkward tension.

14. Kinks

Kinks Sup. OT Supporter

Don't you go home together at the end of the night? Just grab her and move in for the kill.

Also when dancing with her be playfully flirty, dance with her close for a moment then move away and give her a coy smile and then do your own thing. It's all about teasing them.

15. D7

D7 OT Supporter

:hsugh:

16. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

:rofl:

Seriously. Sometimes you guys disgust me and then I remember you are single.

17. danewreed

danewreed OT Supporter

livin with chicks ftl

18. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

And now you know WHY.... :hsugh:

Honestly, the best thing to do here is point blank ask her if she wants to hang out on a "date" with you and see if she's into you..... if no, just think of her as nothing more than a friend who is particularly comfortable with/around you.

19. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

notice i didnt say get her drunk to the point where she doesnt know what she is doing.... I just said make sure alcohol is involved so she can blame it on booze if she so chooses.

20. SquallRm

SquallRm New Member

The adverse effect that may come from this is you'll be living with the girl. Think things will be the same if you start fucking? think again.

21. dguy

dguy She smells like angels ought to smell.

Dive in, be ready to move out if it gets weird.

22. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

in my limited experience with female roommates it seems to me that opportunities for sex present themselves naturally

so all you have to do is be able to recognize the opportunity when it arises and make the move

no need to force anything