Question about EC plan b pill

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by tsi90, Aug 4, 2006.

1. tsi90

tsi90 _____

the gf and I had sex 3 days ago and the condom broke. I rushed her to planned parenthood and she too the plan B pill less than an hour after it happened. If she gets her period some time soon then it worked, right? If it doesnt work are there any other things that she can take?

2. lick wid nit wit

lick wid nit wit Official OT Oracle

Read the instructions that Planned Parenthood gave you. they should have went through this in detail with you. Plan B will not prvent a pregnancy that has already implanted itself in the uterine wall. If her cycle is later than it should be after taking it, chances are, she's pregnant.

So if she does become pregnant, she will have to either carry the pregnancy to term or abort.

Once again, let me reiterate: If Plan B does not work, she is pregnant and aside from carrying the fetus to term or aborting, there is NOTHING ELSE you can do and NOTHING ELSE she can take.

Go here http://www.go2planb.com/ForConsumers/AboutPlanB/WhatisPlanB.aspx for more info.

And let me add a disclaimer: I am NOT a doctor and do NOT rely solely on this thread for medical advice. See a DOCTOR should emergency contraception not work!!! I cannot stress this more!

3. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Did she happen to get a prescription for the normal birth control pill while she was there? It might be a good idea to have her on something now.

You asked if there is anything else she can take if she's pregnant and there is. She can take RU-486 which is the "abortion pill" or she can have a normal abortion. Both can be provided at planned parenthood.

4. tsi90

tsi90 _____

She called and said she got it today as she expected to with out the plan b pills. I tell her that she needs to take a test too though.