Question about eating / lifting

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Kytro, Feb 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kytro

Kytro I am become death, shatterer of worlds

Basically trying to figure out how much I should be eating.

I currently weigh about 230, but only have about 144 lean body mass. So there is a huge load of fat there. I am currently eating about 2300-2500 calories a day.

Do I need to eat more, or will my fat stores help? Should I concentrate on avoiding additional fat intake, but boost protein?

In terms of lifting, I have still not figured out where I am yet, as I only have done 4 sessions since starting.

For Squats / Deadlifts / Bench press I did 110, and that was sorta hard for the bench press, and kinda hard to get on my shoulders for the squat, though doing the squat wasn't too bad. The deadlifts seemed "heavy" but not to the point I couldn't lift, though I need to check my form.

Just looking for feedback / handy hints in relation to my situation.

2. Jam_Master_J

Jam_Master_J New Member

How do you figure you are 144 pounds lean body mass? Second, how tall are you?

3. Kytro

I figure 144 cause that was my calculation, I doubled checked it, the computer says 138. It used body fat% measurement. I am 6 foot

4. Vailripper

Vailripper Daywalkers have feelings too.

Were you calculating BF% off one of those online calculators? because those things are horribly inaccurate...

5. Jam_Master_J

Jam_Master_J New Member

To calcutlate body fat go to your gym and have a trainer do it. They will measure your neck, waist, and the fatness on the back of your arm. Then they will have you hold on to a little device that sends impulses through your body to measure fat density.

secondly you should be doing wayyyy more that 110lbs dude. Little girls throw that kind of weight around, Push thy self.

6. Kytro

I got my bodyfat from numbers from scales that do the bioeletrical impedence thing.

I have every intention of doing more that 110, I am trying to figure out how much I can lift. Sorta adding a bit more than 10lbs each session until it gets too hard, but maybe I'll try something heavier.

7. Kytro

Followup, just to see if I could I wacked all the spare metal plates I had on the barbell, just shy of 210lb, and managed 2 deadlifts, guess I'll next workout i'll move it up a notch from 110lb

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.