question about DSMs

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Eight Cylenders, Jul 20, 2004.

1. hey all

a friend of mine might be getting a 3G DSM soon, i was searching all over google to find some stock dyno graphs, but after about 30 minutes decided to give up? ive heard 140 hp, but for a 210 hp factory rating, 140 seems a bit pessimistic???

If y'all could link me to some good sites, id greatly appreciate it.

:cool:

2. arro

arro Guest

Umm...
    I guess it should be no surprize that a guy who spells "cyllinders" wrong would also think the 2000-up Mtsubishi Eclipse was a "3G" DSM. It's not. It has nothing in common with the designs utilized in the DSM cars. The stupid old Galant has more in common than the Y2K and up Eclipse.

Anyways I'll put my annoyances aside... the present Eclipse is around 200hp for the V6 model in California, and everywhere else is 210hp if memory serves. I can't quote the 4 cyllinder, but it's been a royal pain in the ass for some of the best tuner shops to reliably force air into those engines. The computers and fuel map aren't suitable for it.

header, intake, exhaust, and some lowering springs is the best you will do. All rice, no race.

3. lol hey man i delibrately misspelled cylinders. its my aim SN, and eight cylinders was taken, so i put an e in.

and hey! i meant 3g dsm, damnit. you know, the turbo 4, awd cars??? they ran 95-98....

i was just wondering what they dyno...

thanks for replying...

4. mrduke

mrduke OT Supporter

you're asking about 2nd gens, there is no 3rd
    good dsm sites:
    www.dsmtuners.com
    www.dsmtalk.com
    http://www.vfaq.com/ great info on this one

5. Stock

Stock New Member

And they ran 95-99.

Stop thinking before you hurt yourself.

6. Boosted98gsx

Boosted98gsx Active Member

or if you want, you can go to NABR and start learning about dsms the proper way instead of through all the newbs on dsmtalk and dsmtuners.

7. ok first off thank you for your pointless reply :nono:

second, i said 95 to 98, which is correct. apparently i got the generations wrong, BFD

lastly, i meant the fuckin year, not like 1/4 times or whp. :nono:

anyone ever call you an ass?

8. thanks to the other two who replied...

9. Boosted98gsx

These are the generations

1gA 90-91
    1gB 92-94
    2gA 95-96
    2gB 97-99

1gA has pop-up headlights
    2gA has the smiley face front bumper and the low spoilers
    2gB has the open mouth front bumper and the high spoilers for turbo cars.

Just a warning though, if you go to NABR, do NOT post newb questions like what spark plugs to use and what nots, you will be banned from that board in no time. They take their forum very seriously, and a lot of the big names post there (Buschur, shephard etc). So i would recommend you not post on the forum and rather, just read the history and the concepts they come up with.

10. arro

arro Guest

Yes, and there IS no damned 3G DSM. And Boosted obviously knows his shit. And here I thought all 2G guys were rice :rofl:

Kidding of course ;)

11. jdk88888

jdk88888 New Member

wait... what exactly is NABR?

12. BigBADGSX

BigBADGSX New Member

lol if you have to ask, you shouldnt worry about it. :bigthumb:

and tell your friend good luck with the 2g and make sure he gets awd so we wont see him on dsmtalk or dsm tuners talking about how he hates his fwd and what not. Oh and tell him to read up on crankwalk before he makes a decision on what he's gonna buy.

13. Boosted98gsx

pppsssh, crankwalk. Just get a JDM 6-bolt swap ($900)

Also, NABR stands for Not A Business Racing. There a really HARDCORE dsm group. And by harcore i mean like start-up-your-own-mafia harore. They will pay you a visit if you screw over one of theirs members. So if you need to search for crazy ideas you think of, more than likely you can search on there, and it's been covered.

14. BigBADGSX

BigBADGSX New Member

yes the 6bolt swap is where its at...i have one myself after i spun a bearing on my old 7bolt(yeh im an idiot) Boosted98gsx will you be at the shootout?

15. Boosted98gsx

I will be there :-D riding w/ DSA (Diamond Star Automotive (The company i work for currently)). I will be bringing my car, but unfortunately i have to run in the eliminator class due to the frontmount. I'm hoping for a low 12 second (12.2xx) pass this time around. Last time at the track i went a 12,64 @ 110.14, but that was with a 1.95 60' and a 8.2 1/8th. My stutterbox was set too high so i was making too much torque off the line and spun the tires. I've recently lowered the stutter to 4.5k rpms in hopes of dropping that 60' down to a 1.7. That should easily drop me into the low 12's.

16. arro

arro Guest

I have a 1G DSM, FWD. I have no complaints. But I'm not dragracing, I'm grooming it for road racing.

17. BigBADGSX

BigBADGSX New Member

LOL i wouldnt say fwds suck, they are very fun to drive. I just get tired of the people who bitch and moan about it all the time.

ill be there to, with my little old 6bolt swapped 2g. My 14b wont cut it this year for any racing so im just gonna sit back and watch. My one and only pass this year was just [email protected] :rant2: first time racing the car in a year so i was rusty as hell.

also Boosted98gsx, what turbo/fuel setup are you running?

18. Boosted98gsx

Big16g, 550cc's, Walbro, Aeromotive AFPR, DSMlink V2, Wideband, Soon to be MAF-T

19. Stock

Stock New Member

You're a fucking idiot. THE SECOND GEN DSM RAN FROM 1995 TO 1999, NOT 98, FAG!

Where did ET's and HP come into play? :rofl:

20. Boosted98gsx

hey 88, dont antagonize him, it's not worth you looking like an ass.

He just doesn't know much about dsm's, hell, neither did i when i bought my first one. Shit, i still wouldn't consider myself an all knowing dsm god.

21. Cnote67250

Cnote67250 Active Member

I should be there also. But just to watch. Since I can only participate in the quick 16 class, I think i'll pass. But next year when I get a little more work done i'll be ready to participate for fun.

22. BigBADGSX

BigBADGSX New Member

man i really hope you go with us this year man...even though your car might not be ready by the weekend, i have an open seat in my car with your name on it man all you have to do is ask. :slap:

anyone wanna take a stab at who they think will win this year?

23. Stock

Stock New Member

It's ok, I enjoy it.