Question about Distance running with weight lifting

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Dux, May 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dux

Dux New Member

I'm a high school football player and wrestler who's going to try to keep wrestling in college next year. To do so, I'm going to need to drop about 15 lbs before Sept/Oct. That's not really a big deal for me, I've dropped alot more alot quicker in the past to make weight. The only catch is I also need to keep lifting not just to maintain strength, but to put on muscle I know.

Since the two seem counterproductive, I'm not sure how to go about this. If I'm running 3-4 miles everyday (what I did in the past to cut weight), then at what time do I lift? Before I run? After I run? Also, I'm im taking whey protein or other supplements, should I do that before or after, or will it not interfere with my running?

On a side note, I hate dieting but that'll probably end up being a big part of this summer:sadwavey:

2. Dux

Dux New Member

Once school gets out I'll have acsess to their weight room (very new, has most everything, plus pretty empty). I was thinking about running in the mornings and then doing a regular lifting routine in the afternoons 6 days a week

3. ralyks

ralyks New Member

Are you not wrestling again until next year?
    Chances are you'll have to choose one, or be crap at both.

4. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.