Question about detailing a motorcycle...

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Skizza20, Jun 29, 2004.

1. Skizza20

Skizza20 Robster craws? What the f*(& are robster craws?!?

As I've been reading here (and putting together a shopping list) I started thinking about what products would be good on my motorcycle. I have a Honda sportbike, so there is a lot of plastic and most of the graphics are applied decals. I'm guessing that most of the cleaners/compounds/swirl removers would be bad for the plastic/stickers, but a lot of people I know wax their bike from time to time. Anything I should steer clear of as far as applying to a plastic material? :dunno:

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

First product you need to get is S100 Total Cycle Wash. Either the spray or aresol work well. Spray it all over the bike, then blast off with water and dry. The bike will be completely clean little or no scrubbing. From that point on, I use Clearkote's Vanilla Moose to polish the painted and hard plastic panels and all the chrome. Finish with the wax of your choice and it should look great.

This is a Harley I did a month or so ago using S100 Total Cycle Wash, Vanilla Moose and Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Skizza20

Skizza20 Robster craws? What the f*(& are robster craws?!?

Thanks Scott. That Harley looks great. I'll have to pick up some of that S100 Cycle Wash and try it out. :bigthumb: