GUN question about dehumidifiers and the like

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by [DWI], Dec 6, 2007.

1. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

So my guns stay in a locked closet, that measure 6X7 with an average height of 4.25 (all measurements in feet)

Always with winter here and not running the AC the temperature in the house cause vary from 40's at night to 70's during the day. Does anyone have any recommendation for a good dehumidifier or other equipment that would keep the closet in a favorable condition for gun storage, mostly to prevent condensation on the guns?

Just needs to work and be relatively quiet, preferable only turning on when it is too humid. Also what is the best humidity level to keep "safe" at?

2. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

3. Hathegkla

Hathegkla New Member

you can get descant packs that would work great for a sealed safe. you can re charge em in your oven by drying them out at a low temperature.

4. skeletor25rs

skeletor25rs Yetis & Deer

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (SAMSUNG-SGH-I607/I607FG1 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; Smartphone; 320x240))

Golden Rod...the biggest one, since the closet isn't sealed like a safe.

5. Gein

Gein New Member

I store my guns and ammo with a few dozen sillica gel packets like what you find in shoes. I don't have to deal with nearly the humidity you do though :o