Question about dating in general

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by guchiew, Aug 3, 2005.

1. guchiew

guchiew Increase your killing power.

If you start dating someone, is it understood that you both are free to date other people? If I start dating someone, and she reveals to me on the third date that she is dating other guys, do I have the right to get mad?

2. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

You have to talk about it and agree to see each other exclusively for that to happen.

3. Bruticus

Bruticus half dead OT Supporter

Some will expect that once you're dating its exclusive, others will think until you have 'the talk' that its fine to date however many people at once. You need to talk and figure it out with whoever you are dating at the time.

For me it would depend on how we met. For example if it was just a random person I met at uni or a bar/club etc and we were going on a date I wouldn't expect to be exclusive, but if it was someone who I'd known for a while and we were kinda chasing each other for ages then I probably would expect it to be exclusive.

But yeh, just talk about it.

4. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

:werd:
    Assumptions usually arent a good thing in any relationship, especially in the beginning.

5. Bleed

Bleed New Member

It depends. Some people just date 1 person at a time, others date a few people at once. It's all fair game until you agree to exclusively see each other.

6. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

communication... if you don't start communicating from the beginning, shit ain't gonna work out at all :rofl:

sit down and discuss stuff... who knows :dunno: that COULD've been her segway into "i don't think we should date other people."

;)

7. ProneToEpisodes

ProneToEpisodes New Member

If he/she is sleeping with someone else you have the right to know.

Dating not so much unless you made it clear that you two could not date other people.

8. guchiew

guchiew Increase your killing power.

All good advice. So, how could you bring up the fact that you're dating other girls on the first date with a new girl? Should I just ask her if she is dating other people and hope she reciprocates?

9. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

Again that depends how you met. If this is just some random girl, I wouldn't even say anything until the very end of the date, if at all during the date. If things go well, you could throw in a "so I'm curious.... are you seeing anyone else?" as you're dropping her off, or ask her the same question when you call back to set up a second date (if you do at all). This will do a couple things:

1) It will give you the answer you're looking to find out and help you determine just how interested she is (or isn't)
    2) It will give you the opportunity to let her know if you are seeing other folks (and thus tell her how interested you are or aren't)
    3) Maybe help you decide if a second date is warranted or if you should just let it go.

10. TheMyth

TheMyth New Member

I wouldnt say it on a first date, if theres a second date then thats the time to say it since it gives you a bit more time to figure out what you want and saying it on a first date sort've assumes that she wants to see you again which she might not.