Question about Cutting

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Psyc0, Aug 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psyc0

Psyc0 TTKA

Well, this is the first time I've actually been on a legit cut. I've posted pictures before (most recently found in the 6 pack challenge thread) and decided it was time to actually get the 6 pack that I've wanted for a while. Now I started at a pretty constant 205 but I was eating pure crap as far as food intake is concerned. About two weeks ago I cleaned up my diet entirely and decided it was time to actually cut, I've noticed some good things, ie getting leaner and abs are more visible, but I've dropped entirely too much weight for my liking extremely fast. When I stepped on the scale today when i got to work I weighed in at 185. Thats 20 lbs in two weeks, seems like way too much for such a short period of time, I'm hoping I was just dehyrdated or something at the time because I feel absolutely tiny when i get this light. I guess my main question for the experienced is how long before you can consider it dropping weight too fast or could it just be alot of water weight from the shit I was eating before that finally dropped off?

Here is what my diet has been almost religiously for the last two weeks.

Meal 1 (8am):
    3 Egg Whites + 2 Whole Eggs (254 cal, 15g fat, 3g carb, 24g prot)
    Whole Wheat English Muffin (120 cal, 1g fat, 23g carb, 5g prot)
    Kashi Cereal (200 cal, 3g fat, 36g carb, 9g prot)
    1/2 Cup Skim Milk (42 cal, 0g fat, 6g carb, 4g prot)
    1/2 Cup Blueberries (40 cal, 0g fat, 10g carb, 0g prot)

Total: 657cal/19/79/43

Meal 2 (11am)
    6oz Chicken (177 cal, 4g fat, 0g carb, 33g prot)
    5oz Sweet Potato (125 cal, 0g fat, 30g carb, 5g prot)
    85g Steamed Mixed Veggies (35cal, 0g fat, 9g carb, 0g prot)

Total: 337cal/4/39/38

Meal 3 (2pm)
    6oz Chicken (177 cal, 4g fat, 0g carb, 33g prot)
    3/4 Cup Brown Rice (162 cal, 1g fat, 33g carb, 4g prot)

Total: 339cal/5/33/37

Meal 4 (5pm)
    4oz Chicken (118 cal, 2.5g fat, 0g carb, 22g prot)
    2 Rice Cakes (70 cal, 1g fat, 14g carb, 1g prot)
    85g Steamed Mixed Veggies (35cal, 0g fat, 9g carb, 0g prot)

Total: 225cal/3.5/23/23

Pre-Workout (6pm)
    1 Scoop ON Whey (110 cal, 1.5g fat, 3g carb , 23g prot)

Workout 6:30pm-7:30pm:
    16oz Gatorade (100cal, 0g fat, 25g carb, 0g prot)

Post Workout (7:30pm):
    1 Scoop ON Whey (110 cal, 1.5g fat, 3g carb , 23g prot)

Meal 5 (8:30pm):
    4oz Ground Turkey (220 cal, 16g fat, 0g carb, 19g prot)

Meal 6 (11pm):
    Muscle Milk (300 cal, 12g fat, 16g carb, 32g prot)

Daily Totals: 2,295 cal, 62.6g fat, 197.2 carb, 239g prot)
    43% Protein, 32% Carb, 25% Fat

I lift 4x a week using a modified version of Pur's routine. I had only been doing cardio 1-2 times per week, normally 20-30min, on a bike. I had planned on increasing cardio to 3-4days per week this week but with how much weight I've lost already I'm starting to think that maybe cutting isn't such a good idea. I have the Muscle Milk late night for some kind of casein for a slow digesting protein before bed, I got it for free from a buddy on the football team a little while back, almost gone and then I'll find a new casein source (unfortunately I can't stomache cottage cheese). I haven't been buying steak but I am going to try to replace one of the chicken meals with sirloin starting this week to mix it up a bit.

Cliffs: think I'm losing weight too fast, whats normal? Diet above

2. T-R-T

T-R-T New Member

Have you lost a lot of strength?

3. Psyc0

Psyc0 TTKA

Over the last two weeks I haven't lost any noticable strength at all actually. I increased squat last monday from 315x5 to 325x5, bench was slightly lower but I had done shoulders only a couple days prior and most other lifts were about the same. That being said about 7lbs have been over the last week so I won't know about serious strength loss untill I hit them all again this week.

4. Plan B

Plan B New Member

Keep doing the same diet for another two weeks and see what happens. If you notice strength losses, up the calories a bit.

Your calories/macros are typical for your weight range, for a cutting diet.

To answer one of your orginal questions, it could very well be water weight from changing your eating habbits.

5. Rellik

Rellik New Member

any reason you're eating so many meals

6. TheMarchHare

TheMarchHare OT Supporter

that's actually the right number of meals imo....

7. Psyc0

Psyc0 TTKA

6 meals + a pre/post workout shake.... not that many meals I eat about every 3 hours. I prefer smaller meals and eating more often than trying to eat 3 bigger meals and being hungry between them.

8. geekierthanyou

geekierthanyou Crews: DSLR, Brolie, Classic Car, Gun, Zombie, Pro

I'm pretty sure it depends on where you were when you started. When I went cold turkey on everything and started a similiar diet and workout schedule @ 260lbs I was losing 7 lbs a week for the first few weeks, then it started fluctuating a little but closer to 4-5lbs a week, now that I'm down to 187 I find that I'm losing about 3 a week.

9. Psyc0

Psyc0 TTKA

I'm about 5'11" or 6' depending on whose measuring. I was pretty much just unhappy with the fact that I've never been really lean and figured after essentially bulking and maintaining for the last 4 years it was time to lose my football mentality and get down to a lower bodyfat. I also want to prove to myself I can follow through on a cut so that I am more comfortable putting on weight in the future. I hate getting too fat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.