Question about converting mp3's for use in my car's cd player

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by joed1228, Jan 28, 2004.

1. joed1228

joed1228 New Member

In the past I have converted tons of mp3's and burned them onto a cd for use in cd walkmans but I would like to listen to some song's in my car's 12 disc changer.

All I have to do is convert the mp3 file and burn them onto a cd right? Someone told me car cd players sometimes will show an 'error' and not be able to play the songs. Is there anything special I need to look out for while converting & burning the MP3's?

If it matters, I have a 1999 Camaro SS with the factory 12 disc changer; maybe one of you guys have the same car and have already done this and can tell me what to expect.

2. Wolf68k

Wolf68k OT Supporter

My suggestion is just to make an audio CD from some of your mp3s, which is what I believe you're asking about, and just make 1 disc.
    If that 1 disc plays fine in the changer, then you shouldn't have any problems.
    I'd also suggest using a CDR rather than a CDRW, since many older players can't read CDRWs but can read CRs.

If it doesn't work, then you've only wasted (sort of) 1 CDR.

Nero or EZ CD Creator should work just fine. But I'm sure WMP and iTunes can also do the job with no problem.