GUN question about clp

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by amill94, Apr 29, 2007.

1. amill94

amill94 OT Supporter

I've been using the hoppes foaming cleaner and then the hoppes oil to clean my guns since I've started the hobby about a year and a half ago. I finally decided to pick up some clp since I was told it was quicker to use than the hoppes system. I just used it on my a/r and it works pretty well. I was applying it to patches and then would rub the areas to clean the gun. Some areas I applied the clp directly to the gun and then wiped it clean. My question is, even though the surface doesn't appear to have any lubricant on it...does it? Do I need to go back over the area with a drop on my finger like I did when oiling the gun using hoppes? I put the ar back together and everything seems fine, but I'm just a little :noes: about there not being enough lubricant.

Anyone who uses clp, am I using it correctly? Any input?

2. lugoismad

lugoismad Active Member

Get an AK so you don't have to clean it?

No clue. I use whatever cleaner catches my eye at the gun shop. Right now its some red looking shit. I just put it on and scrub with an old tooth brush, wash it off with hot hot water, then oil with a different toothbrush.

3. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

4. cossack

cossack Resident thread killer

clp sucks balls for cleaning weapons keep using hopps and just oil with clp, make sure to oil the buffer spring, i cannot stress that enough becaus if it is not oiled it will not slide easily and your weapon will not feed correctly, furthermore make sure to get the star chamber really well again your weapon will not feed and a round could fail to extract.

back to the topic, if using strictly clp clean it wipe it and then oil light for short term storage and heavy for long term and if not sure heavy on the inside light on the out side

5. MTech

MTech New Member

"I have used every type of lube imaginable, going from WD-40 (especially good when you have a dirty gun), 3 in 1 oil, suntan lotion, butter to Vagisil- (don’t laugh, it works) I may not want to use any of them for the long haul, but for a quick fix it beats having a non functioning gun."

:greddy:

6. cossack

suntan lotion? butter? vagisil?

7. lugoismad

lugoismad Active Member

8. cossack

we have solvent that we use to clean our cbot carriers and the M249's with (its like a low grade diesal i think) and if you leave it on their over night it will pull out every little bit or carbon and grease and anything on that weapon , so normally after we have cleaned it we take it and run it under almost boiling hot water to get the solvent out of all the pores, it works well very well as a matter of fact. just gotta make sure to dry and oil afterwards