question about CKD diet

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by bait, Feb 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bait

bait New Member

Starting a CKD diet, yesterday actually. I'm 5'10 @ 199, 23.2% BF. I started last week at 206.8, 25.4%. I have already been on a cleaner diet and lifting regularly for about 3 weeks now. I'm using Lyle Mcdonald's advice (http://www.thinkmuscle.com/ARTICLES/mcdonald/training-on-ketogenic-diet.htm) for setting up my macros and training - 153g protein (1g/lb LBM) and that leaves 210g of fat to get to ~2500 calories 6 days a week, 700g carbs once a week. However, I really don't have the urge to eat more than 2000 calories a day when I'm eating fairly clean. I've been using heavy cream in my coffee to keep my fat % up and even ate a tablespoon of butter. What I'm wondering is this - if my fat stays closer to ~160g (where I feel more comfortable about what I eat) am I still going to go into ketosis? I'm staying under 20g of carbs a day. Also starting EC stack today as well... do I need to just start chugging cream? Or do I need to go find myself some fast food? Or will I be fine? I suppose I'll mostly just have to watch my progress and adjust if I start losing LBM. I already don't want to get down to 170 (probably about where I'll end up), so losing anymore LBM would suck :wtc:

2. bait

bait New Member

also slathered my breadless sandwich in mayo today. Makes me feel gross.

3. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Active Member

4. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

Reducing the amount of fat is fine. Keep in mind that the goal of the diet is not ketosis, it's fat loss. It would also be better to choose healthier fat sources.

5. JeremyD

JeremyD New Member

210g of fat? That seems obscenely high for 2500 calories.

It's fine to start there, but I would quickly asses your tolerance and adjust that downwards and increase protein intake. When you start to feel sluggish and foggy as all hell (aside from the adjustment period of course), you'll know you went too low.

6. bait

bait New Member

the fat sources is what I'm really having an issue with. I don't know where to get all this fat and not eat like shit.

153g protein x 4 = 612 calories
    210g fat x 9 =1890 calories
    total = 2502 calories
    In reality, I'm eating closer to 1:1 fat:protein and getting closer to 2000 or 2100 calories a day. What I was worried about was I was under the impression that if there was not enough fat around, I would lose LBM alot faster because my body would start using protein for fuel and not fat, killing the fat loss. Atkins says you should shoot for 65/30/5 fat/protein/carb ratio, so something tells me keeping the fat there is important, but I'm hoping if I keep working hard enough my body will devote protein to muscle building first.

edit: yesterday

2086 calories, 149g fat, 146g protein, 19g carbs

7. miek

miek New Member

how the fuck do you manage to only eat 19g carbs for an entire day :rofl: that's nuts. I don't think I could manage that lol

8. JeremyD

JeremyD New Member

No you wont be loosing LBM, you'll just feel like shit since you have no energy source. Protein is muscle sparing, FAT IS NOT. The fat is there simply to provide an energy source. And 210g of fat is a SHITLOT of energy.

9. bait

bait New Member

I'll only eat ~10 today

10. Juan Valdez

Juan Valdez Finest Cofee in the world

try shots of olive oil. Yes it is gross, but it should satisfy the part of you that wants a healthy fat.

11. grimstone

grimstone magic murda bag OT Supporter

avacado, peanut butter, evoo, heavy whipping cream, butter, animal fat, cheese

12. bait

bait New Member

any other input on whether eating more protein than fat will cause LBM loss (in calorie deficit)?

13. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Active Member

youll have more traces in your "zero carb" foods than ~10. and youre not eating any greens/fiber whatsoever? LAWLS. AWESOME BREAUX.

14. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

Why would it? That makes no sense.

15. bait

bait New Member

I eat a pretty big baby spring greens salad with chicken/steak/salmon just about every night, but that shit seriously has like 4 grams in a massive serving. I decided to eat some celery and peanut butter last night to get my fiber and protein up a little too. Don't be an asshat patty, I actually like you :p

Yesterday: 1979 cals, 134g fat, 16g carbs, 159g protein. Since you guys think that I shouldn't have trouble with LBM loss, I'm gonna stop with the mayo and bullshit. Without all that nasty nonsense I'm not sure if I can eat much more than 1600 calories a day or so :rofl: I'm such a bitch and the EC isn't helping my appetite.

edit: this seriously is a constipation diet though. I haven't had a good shit in a week, I'm taking fiber caplets now that will hopefully get stuff moving. I'm drinking like 3 strong cups of coffee a day too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.