Question about cell phones

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Dan10432, Jul 26, 2002.

1. Dan10432

Dan10432 badgers?Badgers?!?!We dont need no stinking badger

Im looking into getting a cell phone, but i dont want to get into a monthly plan, i just want to use the calling cards so i only pay for the minutes when i need them. Now my friend did this and he said the only phone you could do it with was a crappy little nokia, without downloadable ring tones or anything like that. Are there any other phones that are used with only calling cards with extra features?

sorry if i sound like a dipshit, im totally cluelessjavascript:smilie(':confused:')

2. Metal

Metal Active Member

I know Verizon offers Pre-Paid plans with some of their phones.

3. Dan10432

Dan10432 badgers?Badgers?!?!We dont need no stinking badger

its called tracphone how you just pay for the phone and then buy minutes whenver you want. is there anything else like that?

4. mrdeucie

mrdeucie Member

there was Omnipoint but I think they were bought out by someone else. I think Sprint allows you to do that. There's this mall I go to occasionally and I think I've seen people paying for more minutes in front of this machine.

Check out howardforums.com for all you ever wanted to know about cellphones.

5. Melisande

Melisande Guest

Nearly all major service providers offer pre-paid plans. You can use the Nokia 3390 (which has downloadable ringtones) with either Voicestream or Cingular pre-paid. Check your preferred provider's web page for more details.