GUN Question about CCW reciprocity

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by jeepilot, Aug 25, 2006.

1. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

I'm curious...
    If I were to get a CCW license from a state that allows you to be 21 to get a CCW, and they had reciprocity, or my state, missouri recognized the foriegn state's license, would i be allowed to carry? Missouri requires you to be 23 to CCW and i'm only 21.

I'm looking to CCW, but since i'm only 21, i can only ccw in my vehicle.

Example, Lets say I mail off my package to get a CCW from FL (or some other state that doesn't require much, but has reciprocity, etc.) and i use that as my "missouri" ccw, until i turn 23... Would i run into any problems?

2. striker754

striker754 Chillin

shouldnt. thats the meaning of reciprocity

of course unless Missouri has laws against it

3. Gimik

Gimik New Member

If they honor resident, out of state permits, then they should. Some will only honor out of state permits if you reside in that state i believe.

4. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

According to packing.org i could get a Florida license and everything would be kosher, but i need to check if i need to be a resident of florida for missouri to honor it.

5. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

You don't need to be a resident of Florida. I almost got a Florida permit myself but I pussed out and decided to support my state. As long as a Florida permit is recognized in your state then it's the most dyncamic CCL period. My Colorado permit cost more and if I move out of state then it dissapears. I also got put on some kind of bullshit "dangerous persons" list. I've found that most cops that only see a CCL next to your name in the computer treat you with a lot more respect, though, so that's no biggie.

6. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

So you were put on a dangerous persons list for getting your ccl?

7. EvilSS

EvilSS New Member

Missouri's law is pretty open when it comes to what permits they accept (any state permit). A lot of people got non-res permits from other states so they could carry while St Louis and a few other holdouts were refusing to issue permits.

Just be careful of law enforcement. As usual a lot of the cops don't realize what is and is not legal for CCW.

Missouri Carry has a lot of good info on all this. http://www.missouricarry.com/index1.htm

8. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

It's not necessarily a dangerous persons list. You're identified as a CCL holder in the police database so when you get pulled over or whatever your name pops up. They have to stop doing it after July 1st '07. I've never been treated differantly by any cops. Then again I never get pulled over, either :dunno:.

9. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

Well, i called the sheriff's office today. The little old lady said that to them (she asked her captain) that it was ok, and within the laws, even though i'm younger than missouri's 23 year old requirement. It also seems that getting a Florida certificate would be nice, as it has reciprocity with quite a few other states. More than if i were to just have my missouri permit.

10. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

i'm waiting on my florida permit now. been almost 3 weeks. :o

11. PUREVIL

PUREVIL More Money Than Brains Croo

Alot of Canadian guys get a Utah permit so they can carry in the states that recognize Utahs permit.

12. daviid

daviid cell tower tech

got mine just shy of 2 months recently