Question about CCNA materials

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Mav2005, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Mav2005

Mav2005 New Member

I'm two years away from finishing college (finance major) and currently working as a full time system admin. When I graduate I'll have about four years of experience as a system admin. I'm trying to complete my MCSE and CCNA certifications before I graduate, that away I can fall back on IT if I don't get into Investment Banking. I was given by the previous admin, CCNA materials for exam 640-507. I know that exam has been retired, but are those materials still good for the CCNA exam? What should I supplement my current materials with?

Thanks

2. ez4me2c3d

ez4me2c3d Cold Member

How much networking experience do you have...and be honest...???

The CCNA is a cake walk of an exam.

3. Cthalupa

Cthalupa New Member

640-801 is what you want. It's quite easy to find resources online, if you have to resort to that.

And CCNA is a breeze, if you know your stuff.

4. ez4me2c3d

ez4me2c3d Cold Member

you talk'n about exams? Either way...

They are out there, but don't discredit the CCNA and yourself by falling into that trap. Have respect for your craft and learn it!

5. Cthalupa

Cthalupa New Member

I was referring to stuff like the CiscoPress books, which are amazing and should be bought, but that isn't always an option for some people.

In regard to brain dumps - if people want to use them to get paper, let them. They won't make it through the job interview when they're asked to configure routing between vlans, or to redistribute EIGRP into an OSPF route, etc.