Question about calories intake vs. calories burned

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by parthian, Aug 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. parthian

parthian New Member

I am 40 pounds overweight and have been exercising alot the past week. I am eating about 700 to 750 calories a day. Mean while, I go to the gym and burn 900 calories a day (all cardio). I am only 16 and still growing, so I don't know how it'll effect that. Anyways, is this a good plan and if I am burning about 200 more calories than I am taking in, can I expect to lose weight faster?

Should I be burning more calories than that in order to lose weight?

Thanks in advance.

2. Maverik60

Maverik60 New Member

... u only eat 700-750 calories a day? thats not healthy.... lower calorie intake off your maintenance level by like 600ish. and then go do cardio..

dont starve yourself.. do it healthly. not destroy your body..

3. cazzone

cazzone OT Supporter

In order to lose weight it's not that you need to be UNDER 0 total calories.

You aren't factoring in your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR), which is the amount of calories that your body uses for basic physiological functions. You just need to be under your BMR in order for your body to use stored fat as energy.

4. AaronOC

AaronOC Guest

That's dangerous man, to be starving your body like that, not to mention you will also be rapidly losing muscle.

5. ralyks

ralyks New Member

Post your average daily food intake, I very much doubt you're only getting 700 calories. On that note, no it is not healthy at all, you might stunt your growth and cause a whole ton of other problems, go read the stickies.

6. ACURA TL-S

ACURA TL-S OT Supporter

That means that you are anorexic. No, I am not being sarcastic, that IS anorexia.

7. Elfling

Elfling New Member

Are you logging your food? Do you actually know you're only eating 700 calories ,or are you guessing?

As a general, basic rule: take your bodyweight and multiply by 10. That's the number of calories you should see weight loss at.

What's your diet like? What kinds of foods are you eating?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.