Question about borderless printing...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by VoOdOoVyPeR, Jul 15, 2005.

1. VoOdOoVyPeR

VoOdOoVyPeR New Member

Hey, I have a HP psc 2110 all-in-one printer. i need to be able to print on A4 size paper (8.3 x 11.27), but without a border. now from what i can see, my printer does support borderless printing but from the options im looking at, just photosized printouts like 4x6. can anyone tell me if the printer i have is, in fact, able to print on a4 borderless, thanks in advance

edit* i went into photoshop and went under my printer props. under the layout tab i could click "scale to fit" in the borderless section. the current document i was working with was executive sized (~10.6 x 7.2) and i could select that as the document as and have it go on to a 8.5 x 11 horizontally without a border, i know it doesnt sound right but it was jsut a test, but it didnt work. it would clip around the printers default margins, which is about an inch on the top and bottom (width) and about a centemeter on the left, i didnt let it print out all the way, so i not sure about the right. but thats the margin i always get when printing, how do i get the damn printer to print all over the page.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2005
  2. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

You can't do it.

3. VoOdOoVyPeR

VoOdOoVyPeR New Member

gay, what the hell. how do you know? if you dont mind me asking.

4. RyanL

RyanL OT Supporter

the printer has to support borderless printing. Photo printers and other highend ones normally do.

All-in-one units are not typically high end... so I am going to say that its not physically possible on yours.

5. VoOdOoVyPeR

VoOdOoVyPeR New Member

well i mean it supports borderless printing, but the only options i can choose from are like real photo sized documents, like 4 x 6

6. RyanL

RyanL OT Supporter

Did you double check to make sure there aren't any margins set in the printer settings for the paper size you are using?

7. 5Gen_Prelude

If you read it, it supports borderless 4x6 prints. RTFM.

8. VoOdOoVyPeR

VoOdOoVyPeR New Member

the margins are uneditable. i did notice those, and on the borderless ones all the margins were 0's obviously, but there were preset margins for all the rest. itd be nice if i could change them.

you know what prelude, u piss me off.

i asked a simple question and u tell me i cant do it. yes that answers the question but id like to know a reliable source. and as of now, i wouldnt even believe you if you told me you dont have aids.

and then u act like reading the manual of a printer booklet is going to tell me flat out "ey voodoo, you cant do what you want to do" if that were the case, i wouldnt be on this forum asking about it, you unhelpful handful of shit. dont tell me to go do something, you make it sound like ignorance is the result of this post. i obviously read the fucking thing, dont be a dickhead.

9. 5Gen_Prelude

Here's why I didn't go into it:

1) I don't own the printer, and it's safe to say that 99.99% of OT doesn't either
    2) To ask a specific question about your printer's ability would require the 99.99% to go look up this information on the internet to provide you with any sort of reasonable answer
    3) I did that, and opened up the manual to page 42. I did not see any 0's in the margin settings.

So... unless you don't understand what all those numbers mean on that page (which would be ignorance without the negative spin), then there really was no reason to ask us if you had RTFM. A better question would be to simply ask, "the margins for this printer indicate something other than 0, does that mean I can't print all the way to edge?"

Or how about provide a link to the manual so we don't have to do the work of finding the bloody thing. But no, what you'd like us to do is take our time to do all of the work for you, for free. It's not like you're paying us for tech support.

10. VoOdOoVyPeR

VoOdOoVyPeR New Member

well first off:

1) i dont like when people give me a numbered list of things
    2)wellll the question implied was whether or not there is a way to edit the margins thatd be the same process universally through printers from HP, not just the one I have. i dont know a lot about printers, so thats why i asked such a general question.
    3)who the hell pays for tech support?