question about bc

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by beachballs, Aug 2, 2007.

1. beachballs

beachballs Guest

my gf is nervous about this

she has mild acne

i think it will help with her acne

she is afraid that it will make her fat

discuss

she is 5'5 115lbs

2. BimmerPower

BimmerPower New Member

I have heard that the the pill can in fact lead to weight increase. On the other hand, the advantages for you super-seed the disadvantages. A little weight gain< larger bust size and the option for lack of contraceptives. Yay

3. beachballs

beachballs Guest

my gf is very insecure about her weight as it is

4. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

Many low dose BC's are good about NOT causing weight gain. She needs to talk to her doc EXTENSIVELY about her options. And, if she thinks it may affect her, then she should be more proactive about her weight maintainance BEFORE she goes on the pill.

5. verdiocchi

verdiocchi Oh snap!

I've been on the pill for years and have switched brands a few times, none of which caused weight gain. Tell her different brands will affect her differently so if she goes on one that she feels is causing her to gain weight she should go talk to her doc and try something else until she finds what works for her.

6. SpectraRedZ

SpectraRedZ New Member

I did not gain weight when I started the pill 6 months ago. If she starts taking the pill and gains weight, she should just go back and talk to her doctor about other possible pill options.

7. A Cow

A Cow OT Supporter

my ex was on the pill for 3months ( till we broke up ) and no noticeable weight gain ( she bitched tho.. but i didn't see anything.. maby she was bitching because i was loosing weight.. ( 6'3" 133lb's and going down.. ) )
    but best person to ask is the doc.. every pill is diffrent for every person.. ALSO if she thinks she is going to gain weight when taking a pill she will.. even if its placebo ( aka.. sugar pill or anything that has nothing to do with anything )..

ex.
    you give someone placebo ( for exaple surgar pill ) and say its a new type of gravol.. spin them round in circles on a chair and they will say it works great tho it does nothing..

8. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

The lower dose BC pills have the lowest risk of weight gain. We're talking 5 pounds on the average, and its not instant, it happens over a few months, most of which is retention of fluid.

Alot of BC pills do help acne....far more prescribed acne medications help acne too, plus no weight gain.

9. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

Birth control pills do not MAKE you gain weight, they may increase your appetite some but it's still up to her to control her diet/exercise so she doesn't gain weight.

10. HuskiRuski

HuskiRuski Cardinal Fan

my gf went on BC when she was 17 because of acne.
    she was and has remained about 5'7 120lb. the only thing on her that's gotten bigger is her boobs, by about half a cup size.

your gf has some serious body image issues if she thinks she's fat at her weight. the problem isn't in the birth control, she needs to get some help on her image of herself.

11. beachballs

beachballs Guest

yeah she is insecure about her weight.

she doesnt even have health insurance. we have to go to one of those free clinics.

12. mahal.

mahal. mahal kita? OT Supporter

I've been on bc for awhile now. Each bc affects every girl differently. I didn't have weight gain or acne issues. If the acne problem gets worse after starting bc, try Proactiv. Jessica simpson and kelly clarkson swear it works.

13. fray

fray New Member

I've been on BC since I was 16, so that's a good 12 years now. I gained about 10 pounds when I went on Depo back in the day, gained no more weight switching to Ortho-cyclen (which I was on for the last ~11 years), and gained 10 lbs over the course of 2-3 months earlier this year when I switched to Desogen. This is despite working out and eating a healthy diet. On the other hand, now that I've been too busy to work out and my diet is leaning to the crappy side lately and I haven't gained any further weight, but I was unable to lose it strictly through diet and exercise when I was trying. I do feel like it's more fluid retention though...but feeling fat is feeling fat. :(

14. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Isn't there a WHOLE bc thread now?

15. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

. I've been on a few different forms of BC the last 7.5 years and haven't gained an ounce for it. I did notice and increase in appetite, and even in mood swings that would normally cause me to eat more than necessary, but that's nothing that portion control and a few days at the gym couldn't solve.

16. Two toys

Two toys New Member

6'3" 133lbs;.. are you serious?

i thought i was a fucking twig at 6'1" 160

17. shortyxsam

shortyxsam GG.

I didn't gain weight when I was on the pill...boobs didn't get bigger either :crying:
    I did stop breaking out though and the short periods were great :) No mood swings or anything for me. I wasn't any different.

18. A Cow

A Cow OT Supporter

so if BC helps control breakouts.. guy talking it = help to?

just randomly out of no where ( always before i go on a first date.. never has not happend ) i breakout hardcore.. would this work? ( *akward* but hell.. i might be on the verge of a breaktho? )

19. Marmitha

Marmitha Milk ftw

I didn't get fat AT ALL. but when i got off it I did, I am still trying to figure out if this is normal :(

20. Marmitha

Marmitha Milk ftw

no, its not true, the increased estrogen levels often do cause weight gain, not increase appetite, theres a difference.

21. bmorrell

bmorrell SoCal > *

Um, if you're a guy, don't get anywhere near a BC pill.

You want acne control? Wash your face twice daily, eat a good diet, and if you need a prescription for acne (I have one), go see your dermatologist.

22. Aronomy

Aronomy Get your COME ON!

BC doesn't make you gain weight. The decreased metabolism while continuing the same diet does. You just need to eat less. It isn't some magical thing that makes you gain weight. You control what you put into your body.

23. lauren

lauren Active Member

she'll deal with it and put forth the effort to make you happy, or she wont. whats more important to her?

*says the girl who refuses to go on bc :mamoru2: