MIL Question about AFROTC

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by pakman, Apr 12, 2007.

1. pakman

pakman New Member

I ETS in December, would being in IRR have any effect on contracting into AFROTC? BTW I'm in the Army Nasty Guard

2. FalconXtreme

FalconXtreme w3rd

3. ManinCamo

ManinCamo I wear big boy pants.

When you contract with ROTC, you transfer all ownership of yourself from IRR/Gaurd/Reserve to the ROTC program. As such, if you mess up and get booted they have the option of making you enlist. Doesn't happen much, especially in our lovely PBD720 AF.

4. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

Not true under AECP.

5. NEp8ntballer

NEp8ntballer New Member

back up plan: say that I'm gay:greddy:

we have a bunch of prior enlisted at our det. we have a senior who isn't going to contract until the day of his commissioning. He is currently enlisted with teh air national guard. One of our freshmen is also shipping out for Air force basic training in the summer. I think he's doing a three year enlistment with the ANG and then he plans on commissioning. The only downside to doing it that way is that you cannot get contracted or get a stipend for being contracted until you are no longer enlisted. I'm pretty sure you need to be eligible to be contracted in order to be put up for a scholarship also. Scholarship cadets also get nearly free money.