GUN Question about a glock

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Dranian, Nov 3, 2004.

1. Dranian

Dranian (..)

is the glock 18 or 18c legal to own and if so how would one go about purchasing one? if not the 18/18c then are any fully automatic handguns legal and/or sold to civilians? i live in florida so if you can tell me specifically if they are legal in florida that would help but if they're legal anywhere in the US let me know. thank you.

2. Gen0c1de

Gen0c1de Kush'd Out Since I Was Push'd Out

i seriously doubt it :/

3. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

G18's aren't available to civillians. IIRC there were a few that were made available to civillians back when Glock first started making them, but it wasn't more than a handful and they are all in private collections and worth big $$$. Even if you could convince a private owner to turn lose of one, (which you won't), you'd have to go through the whole Class III crap with tax stamps, etc.

Short story, forget the G18, you ain't gonna get one.

4. ShackleMeNot

ShackleMeNot MINDSET

I too have heard that there are a few that came in to the US in early '86 but I don't believe it. The timing would have to have been very tight.

All the G18's that are in this country are in the hands of the Mil, or LE or class three dealers who have one as a post '86 sample. The ones you see at Knob Creek and such fall in that last category.

For a machine pistol you might be able to find a Beretta 93r. I believe there are a few of those on form 3’s or form 4’s. This is just a guess but if you can find one it will probably cost over $25k.

http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg137-e.htm

Other choices for something small and auto would be a micro Uzi Pistol or M11.

5. phoenixTX

phoenixTX New Member

Depending on how bad you really want to obtain one of these (or something similar) check out http://www.starsol.org/ericl/guns/ . Ugly website, but he does have skills with guns. Check out the videos on there ... full auto G26, G17, and G19. He also has pics of one of his select fire Glocks stripped down.

Christopher