Question about 8GB iPod Touch

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by BlueJeans, May 2, 2009.

1. BlueJeans

BlueJeans Money For Nothing

I have a chance to "win" an 8GB iPod Touch in a points redeemed award at a place I shop.

It would be my first iPod Touch device (have a couple of iPods for my tunes). I looked into it a bit the other day, all the apps and shit, and thought it was pretty fucking coolio. :) I think it could be something I really enjoy.

My question is this though. Will I soon be disappointed that it's only the 8GB version? Will I find the lack of storage a pain? Or is it just fine for a "freebee", will work just fine, and just takes a bit of effort to manage the limited storage capacity?

Thanks in advance to any and all opinions. :)

2. eighteen_psi

eighteen_psi Active Member

It depends on what you want out of it. I have an 8GB and here's my take:

- I have more music than any iPod holds...or any several of them.
    - I can handle playlisting, auto filling or manually filling my iPod with media, it's not difficult at all
    - My touch isn't my only player
    - I got it mostly because its badass otherwise too, email, web, contacts, calendar, apps...
    - 8GB is still a lot of music, its not much space if you're stuffing it with video, however.

Cliffs: its awesome, get it. Just know you won't be stuffing it a bunch of long movies.

3. Pepe

Pepe New Member

you can always get this one (win it) and sell it on ebay and upgrade to the 16 or 32 gb version...