Question abou PT

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by romostud22, Dec 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. romostud22

romostud22 New Member

So I read the stickies and all the stuff about dieting and working out and for the most part I've been following it pretty well and have seen okay results. IE: I can lift more, run longer, and I have slimmed down a little.

I had a before picture but I think I deleted it because i was self conscious about myself, and I just recently took a progress pic. I only started working out about 3 and a half months ago and I love it!

I weigh 235lbs and am about 5'11''

My ultimate goal is to get to about 200lbs? If that is doable? But while going to that weight I want to be able to increase how much I can lift?

I usually am more motivated to lift and do better if i have a broseph with me to cheer me on, and I figure I can have a personal trainer help me out with that as well as make sure i'm doing my exercises right and whatnot.

What are your guy's takes on this? Yes or no on a PT?

http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=3981672

my workout log incase anybody cares

CLIFFS: Should I get a personal trainer or not?

2. TheMarchHare

TheMarchHare OT Supporter

perhaps for form work? after about a month or so, you should have your own legs

as far as getting brosefs and brohams to lift with, get on a regular schedule at your gym and be friendly to the other regs who lift at your level and are on a similar schedule and see if you can work in with them. make it a regular thing, and boom you have your cheer squad!

3. romostud22

romostud22 New Member

There are a few bromosapians there who I often ask to watch my form and sometimes spot me, but I feel kinda rude interrupting their set, especially if they're in rest and they're trying to get a set in in a hurry. naddidimean? would it be worth getting a trainer for like a few sessions to get my form down and to get the basic exercises to do?

4. TheMarchHare

TheMarchHare OT Supporter

yea, or ask random trainers who lurk around trying to sell you shit while you do your routine about form and what not. if they're worth their salt, they'll help. and with the bromosapiens, just ask if they'd mind if you work in with them. if you're cool, and they're cool, you found yourself some workout buddies!

that's how i found my current group, if they're working on what i feel like working on, i'm in their rotation, and if i get bored, i just do my own thing. and conversation at the gym is nice once in awhile...

5. 4cd-Air

4cd-Air Rape seemed like the next logical step

if you can find a trainer who knows his shit and you can afford to pay somebody what they are worth, than yes, you should get a trainer.

A good trainer can work with you, no matter what your experience level, and be able to teach you while you work out. Do your research on anybody you are thinking about training with, ask them lots of questions, and don't buy the first time you meet them.

Expect to be paying around $1000 a month for 3 days a week at most places on average.

6. Formz

Formz Hipster Santa OT Supporter

My training partner is the head trainer at the gym I belong to.

He's also got a 555lb squat, 405 bench, and 625ish deadlift. He competes with me and actually was the one who got me into it. So yes, there are good trainers out there. The hard part is finding the good ones from the idiots.

7. romostud22

romostud22 New Member

Theres this bromosapian at the gym who's pretty broly. And 24 is doing this thing where for $250 you get 6, fifty minute sessions. I really only need one a week. Just so that he can help me get my routines down and to make sure that i'm doing my shit right. After I get a little bit more brolly and need moar help, I can enlist his services again? Or is that stupid?

8. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

:bowrofl: @ bromosapian

either find a decent trainer or ask some broly dude...even though I'm not broly if someone asked me and sounded like they really wanted to learn I'd help them...assuming I wasn't getting ready to do a set when they asked...

9. romostud22

romostud22 New Member

That's kind of what I've been doing and it's working out great so far. One of my best brohammeds is going to school to become a personal trainer. And he's pretty brolly. So, I figure I can ask him for as much help as I can get. The only thing is, is that he goes to Bally's and I go to 24.

10. romostud22

romostud22 New Member

http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=3981672

I updated my log.
    I have a question about backs. when i was doing the dip/chinup machine that is weighted, it was really tough for me to do them. i mean i can't do a pull/chin up with my own weight, but it was tough for me to do that. what should I do to get my back muscles stronger/more fit? Should i concentrate on lower weights and get my form down and then go up to higher weights? that's kinda what i did with chest and it worked out fine on there, but i dunno if back is the same. plz and thanks for any help guys! :)

11. 4cd-Air

just be honest with him up front and tell him you need somebody to check your form for a few workouts and see what he says. Any sale is better than no sale for him, so he'll be happy with whatever you buy.

12. romostud22

romostud22 New Member

Will do. Thanks for the responses BROLLY Crew. I really appreciate it! When I become one of you, I will not forget the kindness which you have shown me. :) :wiggle:

13. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

when a n00b comes in and has done research like you have we answer questions...all n00bs should be like you....good luck in your quest for brolyness...

14. romostud22

romostud22 New Member

Thank you! :)

P.S. i can move my man boobs/muscle pecs a little bit now. I'm practicing... left right, left right, left right. :) I can't wait till the fat is gone and it's just muscle and i can make them dance! haha

15. 4cd-Air

whoa

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.